New Kombi - Please recommend your best products for converting

Leekemp007

Hello everyone. My name is Lee and I am new to VW. I have just bought T6 2017 LWB and was hoping you could help me.
The van is currently simple kombi with no carpeting and any additional nice stuff, I would like to take it on as a project.

I would like to do sound deadening, thermal isolation and carpeting.
Could you please recommend what is the best to use? Who to buy from and how thick? Any recommendations on suede?

I am planning on doing led lights on the roof, any recommendations on those? Do you know what switches is the best to use?

I am planning on buying leisure battery. Could you please recommend what is the best one? Is it Bosh or AGM?

What harness, loom and how does the fuse box work? Do I need to get one? Or do I put fire in line on each component?

What plug sockets do you guys use?

I have little 12 Walt fridge. Or is it hard wired?

I have in the moment basic “candle” headlights? I would like to upgrade the to LED with DLR. Do you know where to get good after market, or OEM?Or any other suggestions?

Thank you!!!

Hello everyone. My name is Lee and I am new to VW. I have just bought T6 2017 LWB and was hoping you could help me.
The van is currently simple kombi with no carpeting and any additional nice stuff, I would like to take it on as a project.

I would like to do sound deadening, thermal isolation and carpeting.
Could you please recommend what is the best to use? Who to buy from and how thick? Any recommendations on suede?

I am planning on doing led lights on the roof, any recommendations on those? Do you know what switches is the best to use?

I am planning on buying leisure battery. Could you please recommend what is the best one? Is it Bosh or AGM?

What harness, loom and how does the fuse box work? Do I need to get one? Or do I put fire in line on each component?

What plug sockets do you guys use?

I have little 12 Walt fridge. Or is it hard wired?

I have in the moment basic “candle” headlights? I would like to upgrade the to LED with DLR. Do you know where to get good after market, or OEM?Or any other suggestions?

Thank you!!!
Hello Lee and welcome to the forum.

Click on the tags at the top of the page for links to the relevant threads they relate to - you’ll likely find a thread titled “Which leisure battery / insulation..” and what have you.
There’s always differing opinions on brands and types, so you’re best having a read up and deciding what sounds good to you. That, and it’d take me hours to type what others have already typed :D

Reactions: CAB
Back