New Jetwash.

DaveCrampton

2017 Shuttle SE.
VIP Member
T6 Guru
Hi forum,

My old Karcher Jetwash needs upgrading. I'm minded to buy a new Karcher but I wonder if any jet washers are better for snowfoaming? Do they sell a special attachment? To date I have used the bottle I got with the Demon Foam, with car wash but it's not great.

Can anyone suggest a new small Jetwash which I can foam up the vehicles when I wash them? Do they sell a specific nozzle?

Thanks.

(Mods, feel free to merge if this thread already exists. I did a search for Jet Wash but nothing relevant came up)

I have a Nilfisk - the std suds bottles that come with them are a bit average. You’re better off getting a snowfoam lance from one of the detailing outlets (cleanyourcar, polished bliss)

I can highly recommend AVA pressure washers. They come with a 20-year guarantee and are, IMO, far superior to Karchers in terms of design and robustness. Mine came with snow-foam lance, but I haven't tried it yet, so can't comment on its effectiveness.

EDIT: Useful video here...

I just got the screwfix/titan one, cheap and cheerful, decent warranty, found a foam gun to fit online, powerful enough to do a good job on the van, only criticism is the hose could be a bit longer.

I did find a longer hose and short throw gun online but it was almost as much as the jet wash itself so didn’t bother upgrading.

Thanks for your responses. Reading between the lines, there is a standard fit for a lance? I assumed every Jetwash manufacturer would have a specific OEM connector, which were not transferable across all brands?

Thanks for your responses. Reading between the lines, there is a standard fit for a lance? I assumed every Jetwash manufacturer would have a specific OEM connector, which were not transferable across all brands?
Believe you can get adapters whereby you can use Karcher tools with an AVA jet-wash.

I'd have a look at nilfisk pressure washers with an autobrite snow foam lance which will allow you to adjust foam/water ratio, the standard lances don't allow this.
I'd avoid karcher personally

If you only want to buy one more pressure washer, then get a Kranzle!
I've had mine 16 years and only changed to oil in the wobble/piston housing once.
They are pro machines and come with great quality and length hoses and have a large range of accessories

Home use pressure washers are generally poor quality as they are not designed to last.
Well worth spending more money on a professional machine.

Home use pressure washers are generally poor quality as they are not designed to last.
Well worth spending more money on a professional machine.
The professional Karchers are 5 times more than the domestic equivalents so I just bought the K5 Premium, even if I buy 3 more it will be cheaper.
My old K4 lasted 14 years...

The professional Karchers are 5 times more than the domestic equivalents so I just bought the K5 Premium, even if I buy 3 more it will be cheaper.
My old K4 lasted 14 years...
According to the Karcher site the K5 Premium is £414.99 and the HD6/13C which I have is £937.20.

According to the Karcher site the K5 Premium is £414.99 and the HD6/13C which I have is £937.20.
K5P £350 on amazon. The Professional ones I saw were 1650-2560!
Also, it looked like the pro ones use a different lance system so not good for my existing accessories..

Which model did you go for Dave ?
My Lidl Karscher copy has developed an internal water leak so I'm minded to replace it with a Karscher so I can keep the accessories
@DaveCrampton

Hi there!

We bought the Karcher K4 Universal Pressure Washer 130bar. It was from ToolStation I think, the wife picked it up. It has a couple of adapters. the adjustable lance and the HP washer. I then bought the Karcher Foamer. My older Karcher had a brush but its short and I use a standard hose brush*.

* apologies to the detailing fans who scorn a brush on their paintwork, but my Shuttle was second hand and its a work-a-day/family vehicle.

So... On the lookout for new pressure washer. As well as cars and vans need to do significant areas of slabs concrete and tarmac. Looking online Screwfix have good deal on Erbauer EBP 3000 which is a 180bar beast. Anyone any feedback on this model. Annoyingly had my hands on it in B&Q but was 80pound more, could not price match as owned by Screwfix parent (Kingfisher group I think...)

Screenshot_2023-05-22-14-27-28-52_8ab148cd62810ea70531c997bc2feca5.jpg

Back