Rear washer jet direction

LakelandStu

T6 Pro
Hi new to the forum. Have t6.1 tailgate. Rear washer wiper jet seems to have a mind of its own pointing up rather on to the rear window. I can see the brass nozzle but how do you adjust the angle? (On older cars I had it was a needle in the hole to move the position but this seems to be a solid fitting) thanks in advance

It's a bit like the ball in a ball point pen. the ball moves allowing the hole through it to direct the water in a different direction. It might be a little stiff.

Last edited:
It's a bit like the ball in a ball point pen. the ball moved allowing the hole through it to direct the water in a different direction. It might be a little stiff.
Hmm need to have another look... just seems to be an open hole from memory in the brass nipple. Photo required me thinks. If there should be a ball and isn't, it would explain the random direction!!

You can't see the all of the ball, just to exposed bit.
All sorted: I finally got the chance and daylight to fix it. So, the actual brass/black nipple that contains the ball, was facing directly left, into the plastic wiper cover. On top of this, the hole in the ball was facing away from the window - the combined effect was to squirt screenwash into the housing, and run down the back of the door. I've now got it facing up and after some 'manipulation' of the ball inside, the screen wash aims directly up the middle of the rear window.... thanks for the knowledge and advice! So satisfying to fix those irritating small things with ten minutes, a pair of pliers, a small screwdriver and WD40. :cool:

Back