Exhausted from researching Sportline bumpers, and still none the wiser !! A little help please ?

I’ve spent most of this weekend, searching this forum, researching online, visiting sites, and the outcome is I am virtually no more informed than when I started. I’m feeling a bit fed up if I’m honest.

I would like some answers to simple questions, if anyone feels they can spare the time to help me out please.

I have a 2019 T6 Trendline. I would like to fit a Sportline/Sportline style bumper to the front. I would quite possibly also like to fit gloss black grilles. Here’s the questions I have.

After two days I cannot get a satisfactory answer to this. Is the Sportline bumper just a bottom section which gets bunged on over the top of the existing bumper ? If so, how ? Clips on, sticks on, screws on !?

There’s seems to be dozens of manufacturers, selling dozens of different bumpers, to dozens of different suppliers. How the hell do I determine which item is the best and which to use ?

Is there anywhere selling everything I want as a package, i.e Sportline bumper, gloss grilles, with associated fixings etc.

Can you tell I’m finding it all a bit overwhelming !?

IMG_2170.jpeg

I e got a van x lower sportline splitter, it comes primed ready to paint in your colour choice or pre painted whichever you choose.
I think it’s one of the best ones in the market. The shaped and the contours are very factory sportline looking and also a little honeycomb grill at the front aswell.
Most of the place online all sell roughly the same gloss black grills. I bought the travel-inlite ones. They are good, and good for the money. But like I said they are all much of a much.
Hth cheers

It’s just screwed to the inner arch with a couple of screws on each side or you can buy an additional fixing kit with brackets for underneath etc

IMG_5129.jpeg

Thanks, but my main question remains unanswered and I just can’t get my head around it.
My Trendline bumper is one single bumper. There is no bottom half to remove and swap for a Sportline bottom half. So what do you do, stick the Sportline bumper on over the top of the Trendline bumper, surely not ?
It’s frustrating me that I just can’t understand what’s going on and no one seems able to explain it to me !
Cheers

After two days I cannot get a satisfactory answer to this. Is the Sportline bumper just a bottom section which gets bunged on over the top of the existing bumper ? If so, how ? Clips on, sticks on, screws on !?
The simple answer is yes, it just fits over what is already there.

The Van-X one simply has 2 screws behind the number plate and a couple on each end. It’s a great looking one and good quality and nicer than the original or any other copies. It’s a slightly different shape and with nicer details.

Some will use a bracket kit like the genuine VW one, which again is pretty simple to fit. These look a bit more boxy than the Van-X one though.

If you don’t fancy doing it yourself, we can supply and fit for you.

The simple answer is yes, it just fits over what is already there.

The Van-X one simply has 2 screws behind the number plate and a couple on each end. It’s a great looking one and good quality and nicer than the original or any other copies. It’s a slightly different shape and with nicer details.

Some will use a bracket kit like the genuine VW one, which again is pretty simple to fit. These look a bit more boxy than the Van-X one though.

If you don’t fancy doing it yourself, we can supply and fit for you.
At last, thanks. It’s literally taken me all weekend to get that answer.

At last, thanks. It’s literally taken me all weekend to get that answer.
Should have asked here first ;)

But in all seriousness, I’ve got the Van-X splitter too and it’s a great fit, the paint colour a perfect match, and as Chris said above it is very easy to fit

Should have asked here first ;)

But in all seriousness, I’ve got the Van-X splitter too and it’s a great fit, the paint colour a perfect match, and as Chris said above it is very easy to fit
Do you mean the Van X front spoiler ? Isn’t the front splitter the thin black piece you can add on at the very bottom. Honestly this front bumper thing is killing me ! I’m sure it doesn’t need to be this complicated, lol.
Anyway, yes the Van X one looks good but they have sold out and it doesn’t look like they’re getting any more. There is B grade ones, but I don’t want to take the chance of having to get it repainted. Also Van X doesn’t sell the gloss grilles and I don’t think the Travellinlite gloss grilles would fit. Travellinlite do a front spoiler, although it looks a little 'boxy' as previously mentioned, but they sell the spoiler with all the gloss grilles, badges, splitter etc for not a great deal more than the price of the Van X spoiler on its own, although there is obviously painting to add…but it wouldn’t be a B grade.
#startingtowishidkeptthevivaro lol

I e got a van x lower sportline splitter, it comes primed ready to paint in your colour choice or pre painted whichever you choose.
I think it’s one of the best ones in the market. The shaped and the contours are very factory sportline looking and also a little honeycomb grill at the front aswell.
Most of the place online all sell roughly the same gloss black grills. I bought the travel-inlite ones. They are good, and good for the money. But like I said they are all much of a much.
Hth cheers

It’s just screwed to the inner arch with a couple of screws on each side or you can buy an additional fixing kit with brackets for underneath etc

View attachment 219769
So your front spoiler is VanX, but all the grilles fitted to it and to the rest of the van, which are gloss, came from Travellinlite ? So the Travellinlite parts fit the Van X spoiler ?

• Haha
Reactions: CAB
Do you mean the Van X front spoiler ? Isn’t the front splitter the thin black piece you can add on at the very bottom. Honestly this front bumper thing is killing me ! I’m sure it doesn’t need to be this complicated, lol.
Anyway, yes the Van X one looks good but they have sold out and it doesn’t look like they’re getting any more. There is B grade ones, but I don’t want to take the chance of having to get it repainted. Also Van X doesn’t sell the gloss grilles and I don’t think the Travellinlite gloss grilles would fit. Travellinlite do a front spoiler, although it looks a little 'boxy' as previously mentioned, but they sell the spoiler with all the gloss grilles, badges, splitter etc for not a great deal more than the price of the Van X spoiler on its own, although there is obviously painting to add…but it wouldn’t be a B grade.
#startingtowishidkeptthevivaro lol

So your front spoiler is VanX, but all the grilles fitted to it and to the rest of the van, which are gloss, came from Travellinlite ? So the Travellinlite parts fit the Van X spoiler ?
Splitter / spoiler.. in my mind spoilers go on the roof, splitters on the bumper, but yes - as described.

I’ve got TL gloss grilles - not so gloss four years later but that’s cheap Chinese VW parts for you!

IMG_4943.jpeg

Back