Awesome, love it.

Need them wheels in my life, and the best tyres on them too! What price can they do them for ?!

Speak to @BognorMotors. Mine was part of a package and buying a a van from Oli so wouldn't like to comment. I am sure Oli would look after you.

Don't forget you need Wheels, coilovers, antiroll bars as well!

Yes I was going to budget 3k for wheels and suspension when I come round to it

So they may be out my budget haha. MOMO revenge have my eye

Why is this website saying they’re load rated too 1700kg per axle!! Presume it’s because Of the tyres ?!

Looks great , how does it drive on the 20’s ? Wanna do wheel upgrade but worried I’m gonna lose the comfort of 18’s , I’m on b14’s and uprated ARB’s

Looks great , how does it drive on the 20’s ? Wanna do wheel upgrade but worried I’m gonna lose the comfort of 18’s , I’m on b14’s and uprated ARB’s

Initial thoughts? It’s firm. Probably about the same as my wife’s Golf GTI.

I didn’t like the way it drove as standard. Very bouncy. Thought I’d try it as low as it will go to start with. Apparently the more you raise the better the ride is.

I’ll keep you posted after I’ve done some miles.

Slight problem..

Turns out my stereo doesn't support the VW reversing camera.

I really must pay more attention to notes on sales adverts..

"This kit is not compatible with headunit Part No - 1K8035150 B/D/E/L, if you are unsure please check your headunit menu for info"

Next up... New head unit..

Is it a composition colour head unit you have.

If so, these guys seem to have a solution for fitting it with a reversing camera....

Great thread. I wouldn’t have the confidence to do it myself, so let Slidepods insulate and line it! Are you keeping it as a panel van or adding windows?

Great thread. I wouldn’t have the confidence to do it myself, so let Slidepods insulate and line it! Are you keeping it as a panel van or adding windows?

Thanks... I've built my own track car so a camper should be doable.. :)

Adding windows.. already in the garage just waiting for the pop top to be fitted..

Thanks... I've built my own track car so a camper should be doable.. :)

Adding windows.. already in the garage just waiting for the pop top to be fitted..
You going to get the windows fitted or DIY? I cant decide.

You going to get the windows fitted or DIY? I cant decide.

100% doing myself. They are already in the garage ready to fit.

The chap fitting my pop top said he would prefer the windows fitted after he did the pop top. It actually made sense as I can then carpet from roof down then with now edges.

You?

100% doing myself. They are already in the garage ready to fit.

The chap fitting my pop top said he would prefer the windows fitted after he did the pop top. It actually made sense as I can then carpet from roof down then with now edges.

You?
I've thought that, but I'm a bit nervous about it, and dont fancy being outside in this weather, especially if it turned mid job.

Went to a place in Huddersfield this morning and was given a decent price for twin sliding windows.

I've thought that, but I'm a bit nervous about it, and dont fancy being outside in this weather, especially if it turned mid job.

Went to a place in Huddersfield this morning and was given a decent price for twin sliding windows.
I see your from Bolton fella you not been down to leisure drive at stoneclough, they might put you some windows in.

I see your from Bolton fella you not been down to leisure drive at stoneclough, they might put you some windows in.

I live a few miles from Stoneclough. Never new there was a place there. That would be handy for drop off and pick up though. Do they have a good reputation? Cheers

Last edited:
I live a few miles from Stoneclough. Never new there was a place there. That would be handy for drop off and pick up though. Do they have a good reputation? Cheers

Never had anything done there myself so I can’t comment on their workmanship.
Been there for a good few years now and has quite a large stock of conversions was there last weekend to see if I could source some vents I was after.
Seen a few of their vans dotted about no harm in calling down and having chat I was there for a good 40 minutes chatting about campers :)
Leisuredrive Camper Sales

Back