Main battery dead despite ctek and solar

MPPT output? Are you using a seperate MPPT between the panel and the Ctek?
sorry! meant load! so + load to ctek in. I had another thought, I have a victron IPPT charger, If I plug on the EHU, surely that will charge up the starter? ( I do not have a separate battery charger)

InkedDD1BBAA5-B799-419F-81A7-854B2F4571CB_LI.jpg
This is the diagram the kit provider sent me, based on this if I EHU would the victron charger, charge the starter battery?

How old is your van? Do you have the original starter battery fitted? If you have ODIS, run static drain test, it will show you the drain over a 20 min period. Turn off traffic info on the radio first. Anything over 70 mA is too high.

The SE maintenance charges the vehicle battery from the leisure battery if the leisure battery is full. So, all you need to do is keep the leisure battery on charge.

Unless you have a fault with the starter battery anyway which is why I asked the question if it was original (moll) in certain date range.

The SE maintenance charges the vehicle battery from the leisure battery if the leisure battery is full. So, all you need to do is keep the leisure battery on charge.
Actually, scrap that. Following clarification from Ctek it appears that this feature is only available when used in conjunction with the Smartpass 120. To charge the van battery you will need to have the solar panel connected to the Ctek, not an external controller.

Actually, scrap that. Following clarification from Ctek it appears that this feature is only available when used in conjunction with the Smartpass 120. To charge the van battery you will need to have the solar panel connected to the Ctek, not an external controller.
Will connecting the load from the mppt controller to ctek work? Not really sure what the Victron mppt is doing over and above the monitoring via the app?

Will connecting the load from the mppt controller to ctek work? Not really sure what the Victron mppt is doing over and above the monitoring via the app?
You can try it but set the timers for a limited period during the middle of the day when solar is at its best.

You can try it but set the timers for a limited period during the middle of the day when solar is at its best.
Ok is this so that I don't divert the charging from the leisure? I am slightly confused (as you can tell) I am looking for a long term solution to trickle charging the starter battery (as it sits for weeks on end at the moment). The idea of the solar is to stay off grid so I don't want a set up that will jeopardise that? Thanks

sorry forgot to add, if I plug in the EHU will my set up charge the starter battery (see diagram above)

Might be new battery time.
Exide EK950 is what I've just fitted to my T6, fits in fine and was no problem even with the additional cables for hook up etc.
Ebay was the cheapest for that. I wasn't too bothered about the 5yr warranty as I probably wont keep it that long so 3yrs was fine for me. I wasn't keen on the Bosch prices and the delivery charges places were asking either.
Linky

Why not just connect your solar panel directly to the Ctek and let that control things? Your mains charger will not charge the van battery.

So on my dual battery setup on my car, when I use my mains battery charger to charge the aux AGM battery in the boot as soon as the charge voltage gets above 12.5-13 bolts, the Cetek 250 starts to charge my starter battery.
When I plug my van in the same way, I have to fit a modified 100 relay under the seat to get the starter battery to charge (factory installed aux battery).
If you are off grid, the Cetek 250 instructions say once the aux battery is charged, the starter battery will then get a trickle charge but only if the solar panels are connected to the 250 like Travelvolts suggested.

Back