Ctek 250SE - Does it go into standy if battery fully charged? - Should solar light still be illuminated?

g4fne

Hello everyone .... I have read pages and pages of brilliant info on this forum about the CTEK D250se and its answered a few of my questions (thankyou) .... However im trying to find the answer to these questions before I take it back to the place that fitted it all as im struggling to get the solar light to illuminate on the D250SE as it seems to just sit in power saving mode.

Does the CTEK D250SE go into power saving mode (no lights illuminated except green light flicker every 12 seconds) if the leisure battery is fully charged and when solar panel is fitted?

If so, at what point of discharge should the CTEK 250SE "wake up" and seek to charge from solar panel? (the battery is a brand new Eco-Worthy 100ah LifePO4)

We had 8hours of sunshine today .... Is the sun strong enough this time of year to prompt the CTEK to "wake up" and source power from the solar panel?

(Further info - The D250SE wakes up and illuminates the "Alternator" light and "battery" light as exepcted when running engine)

The CTEK D250SE should move to trickle charge of the starter battery one the leasure battery is fully charged when receiving solar input.

@g4fne I’ve just been out and taken a pic of my CTEK 250SE.
Renogy Lithium battery fully charged. Solar connected. Engine off.
IMG_5446.jpeg

Back