Luke's Caravelle

Having worked at what was then AFSOUTH in Bagnoli about twenty years ago (and having also been to Napoli a few times since as a visitor), I'm just full of admiration for you for having the courage to drive such a nice car around the city! Hats off to you brother and stay safe.

Last edited:
Having worked at what was then AFSOUTH in Bagnoli about twenty years ago (and having also been to Napoli a few times since as a visitor), I'm just full of admiration for you for having the courage to drive such a nice car around the city! Hats of to you brother and stay safe.

I must admit I've been into Naples a couple of times in it. Not fun but actually, they stay out of your way, in a big, smart vehicle but yea, your right, the driving is something else.

Got the sliding drawer working! It took a bit of fettling to get it running smoothly but it works well now. I also mis-measured the hand hole in the middle, it was off to the right so I extended it to the left therefore it's a bit longer than I'd have liked but it will do the job. Next thing is to fit some sections in it around the cool box with some foam padding to stop any rattling.

I also made a little video of the drawer.

Brilliant thread. I have a 2008 2.5 kombi and am thinking of making the jump to a caravelle...is the difference that massive ?

Brilliant thread. I have a 2008 2.5 kombi and am thinking of making the jump to a caravelle...is the difference that massive ?
Firstly, thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed it.

I think there's a big difference but I might be biased! It's much more car like. A caravelle is more refined from the factory than a panel van/kombi/shuttle. I love things like having the space to sit seven adults comfortably, not that we ever do, climate control as opposed to air conditioning, a decent level of sound proofing from the factory, everything being trimmed nicely inside but still having the utility of a van when required.

Last edited:
Did you ever get the curtains for your velle
Nope, still waiting for them. I've pretty much given up on getting them to be honest but just waiting for the company I bought them from to get in touch. I've got some grey LWB ones for a T4 though...

Nope, still waiting for them. I've pretty much given up on getting them to be honest but just waiting for the company I bought them from to get in touch. I've got some grey LWB ones for a T4 though...
Where did you find them, I am looking for some for my LWB but don’t want the to get in the way of the screens

I love things like having climate control as opposed to air conditioning,
I’m new to Transporters and I must say that I’m quite disappointed that even when looking at newish T6’s they don’t have the digital Climatronic that I’ve got in my 18 reg Tiguan.

I’m new to Transporters and I must say that I’m quite disappointed that even when looking at newish T6’s they don’t have the digital Climatronic that I’ve got in my 18 reg Tiguan.

Yea it's pretty crap to be fair but they are primarily commercial vehicles I guess.

I wasn't keen on LWB at the time and you couldn't get Caravelle Exec in LWB anyway, don't think you can now either come to think of it but I think they look great lifted on chunky tyres.

I'd never seen a pop top that I liked the look of, always thought they ruined the lines so never been keen, although I do like the stealthy looking ones available now but not in the caravelle!

Got my CRS Performance shocks & lift kit fitted today. Front was hard work but perseverance paid off, about 50mm all round. I'll do another thread for an in depth write up. Here's a pic pending some better ones...

20200429_183708.jpg

I’ve got a 2.5 130bhp is there a big difference in power with the caravelle I assume that’s the jump you did ?

Back