Luke's Caravelle

Discussion in 'Show Us Your T6' started by Lukavell, 27 Mar 2018.

1. Lukavell

Lukavell Senior Member VIP Member T6 Guru

Map
    Here she is. My caravelle executive 150 DSG. Done 2000 miles so far and loving it. I've come from a 2008 2.5 kombi which was pretty agricultural in comparison! It pulls like a train and is very smooth with it. I've swapped the step light bulbs and boot bulbs for LEDs. I also covered the back of the engine cover with dodo mat because I had a sheet spare. It was very quiet and refined beforehand but why not eh!?

We've got it with a five seat configuration so there's tons of boot and passenger space.

I'm currently debating what to swap over from the kombi before I sell it. It's got some nice 20" RR wheels, roof bars, side bars and I've already knicked the wind deflectors.

Also going to get a carista dongle as the app won't work with the obd dongle I've got.

20180327_193850.jpg 20180327_164510-01.jpeg

Last edited: 27 Mar 2018
    WillF, Patch, Buggirl and 7 others like this.
  2. richi

richi Geriatric surfer dude VIP Member T6 Guru

Map
    That would look lovely with the RR 20s :thumbsup:

Lukavell likes this.
  3. StudleyGlass

StudleyGlass 150 DSG Kombi/Caravelle/Air-ride VCDS User Moderator VIP Member T6 Legend

Map
    Very nice :thumbsup:

Lukavell likes this.
  4. Lukavell

Map
    It most definitely would but I'm worried it'll muck the ride quality up, which at present is lovely (I must be getting old talking like this), and scupper the better MPG I'm getting. I'd like to weigh one of each of the wheels as the diameter isn't much different so if the weight is similar it shouldn't have much of an effect. I'll probably swap them over and see how it goes for a few tanks.:whistle: I do however quite like the wheels it's got, I also really like the 18" Toluca alloys too which are a factory option so might try and source some of them instead.

Cheers mate!:thumbsup:

richi likes this.
  5. Pauly

Pauly Senior Member VCDS User Admin Moderator

Map
    But you have DCC ??

6. Lukavell

Map
    I'm not sure I do but would be pleased to be wrong on this occasion @Pauly!?!

7. Pauly

Map
    Thought all caravelle execs had it
    Button to right of radio that says comfort on it with a light in the middle to switch between softer and former suspension ??

8. Lukavell

Map
    Maybe the earlier MYs had it but mine (17) doesn't, was getting excited then! Here's a pic of the centre console... Sorry for crap photo , it's dark.

20180327_214505.jpg

Buggirl likes this.
  9. Pauly

Map
    See what you mean
    I just checked and it fits next to the P button in the left group
    Dash buttons

10. Lukavell

Map
    Deffo looks like execs used to come with it as standard, bugger! It must be amazing with DCC as I'm well impressed without it. I think mine has a lower suspension set up from the factory, only 20mm if I remember correctly but it does ride and handle nicely.

11. Fish

Fish Senior Member VIP Member T6 Legend

Map
    Looks awesome mate.. any internal pics yet?.

Lukavell likes this.
  12. Ed Webb

Ed Webb Webber VCDS User Moderator VIP Member T6 Legend

Map
    Awesome looking van :thumbsup:

Duncan Mowlem and Lukavell like this.
  13. Lukavell

Map
    @Fish @Ed Webb cheers.

I'll try and get some later today while it's clean.

We're off away for the weekend in it on Friday for the first time so looking forward to that.

Had the A/C on yesterday and was impressed with how quickly it cooled the cab down. The true test will be in Southern Italy this summer!

Also ordered a Carista dongle today so looking forward to having a play with that when it arrives.

14. Ed Webb

Map
    You've probably found it already but here is a thread on the carista app:
    Carista
    There are more. It's a nice little tool for the money

15. Lukavell

Map
    Ed, that's the thread that cost me the 15.99 for the dongle but thanks anyway! I'm looking forward to having a play with it.

16. Ed Webb

Map
    There's plenty of bank balance reducing threads out there.... I shall go and find you more :D

Lukavell likes this.
  17. Lukavell

Map
    Here's a few interior shots. The cabin is very nice I'm sure you'll all agree. I love all the gloss black and car grade dials and trims as well as the charcoal coloured plastics too - ideally I'd love to get the roof lining and upper trim parts to match, but I think that might be pushing it a bit for the moment!

The seats are also extremely comfortable with front swivels.

20180328_125638-01.jpeg
    20180328_122901-01.jpeg
    20180328_122943-01.jpeg

And the last one is a photo next to her big brother... old blue. These are the wheels I'm thinking about swapping over. Thoughts welcome.

20180328_125918.jpg

Last edited: 28 Mar 2018
    Ed Webb, StudleyGlass and richi like this.
  18. Duncan Mowlem

Duncan Mowlem Member T6 Pro

thats a bit nice....:thumbsup:

Lukavell likes this.
  19. Caravellet6

Caravellet6 Senior Member VIP Member T6 Legend

C4D44A3E-C72D-49D7-9DAF-CCF5E7DD72A4.jpeg
    Ahhh very nice, our exec is 2 1/2 years old and still can’t believe how good it is despite having to have a new engine.....
    The DCC was always an option so you didn’t miss out it’s the button next to the parking sensor one, in sport mode it does make a big difference to handling too.

Lukavell and Buggirl like this.
  20. Buggirl

Buggirl Senior Member VIP Member T6 Legend

Map
    She looks great! What was with having to have a new engine?!?

paul5319 likes this.