Luke's Caravelle

Lukavell

DITryer. Sold!
T6 Legend
Here she is. My caravelle executive 150 DSG. Done 2000 miles so far and loving it. I've come from a 2008 2.5 kombi which was pretty agricultural in comparison! It pulls like a train and is very smooth with it. I've swapped the step light bulbs and boot bulbs for LEDs. I also covered the back of the engine cover with dodo mat because I had a sheet spare. It was very quiet and refined beforehand but why not eh!?

We've got it with a five seat configuration so there's tons of boot and passenger space.

I'm currently debating what to swap over from the kombi before I sell it. It's got some nice 20" RR wheels, roof bars, side bars and I've already knicked the wind deflectors.

Also going to get a carista dongle as the app won't work with the obd dongle I've got.

20180327_193850.jpg 20180327_164510-01.jpeg

Last edited:
That would look lovely with the RR 20s :thumbsup:

It most definitely would but I'm worried it'll muck the ride quality up, which at present is lovely (I must be getting old talking like this), and scupper the better MPG I'm getting. I'd like to weigh one of each of the wheels as the diameter isn't much different so if the weight is similar it shouldn't have much of an effect. I'll probably swap them over and see how it goes for a few tanks.:whistle: I do however quite like the wheels it's got, I also really like the 18" Toluca alloys too which are a factory option so might try and source some of them instead.

Very nice :thumbsup:
Cheers mate!:thumbsup:

Thought all caravelle execs had it
Button to right of radio that says comfort on it with a light in the middle to switch between softer and former suspension ??

Thought all caravelle execs had it
Button to right of radio that says comfort on it with a light in the middle to switch between softer and former suspension ??

Maybe the earlier MYs had it but mine (17) doesn't, was getting excited then! Here's a pic of the centre console... Sorry for crap photo , it's dark.

20180327_214505.jpg

Deffo looks like execs used to come with it as standard, bugger! It must be amazing with DCC as I'm well impressed without it. I think mine has a lower suspension set up from the factory, only 20mm if I remember correctly but it does ride and handle nicely.

@Fish @Ed Webb cheers.

I'll try and get some later today while it's clean.

We're off away for the weekend in it on Friday for the first time so looking forward to that.

Had the A/C on yesterday and was impressed with how quickly it cooled the cab down. The true test will be in Southern Italy this summer!

Also ordered a Carista dongle today so looking forward to having a play with that when it arrives.

@Fish @Ed Webb cheers.

I'll try and get some later today while it's clean.

We're off away for the weekend in it on Friday for the first time so looking forward to that.

Had the A/C on yesterday and was impressed with how quickly it cooled the cab down. The true test will be in Southern Italy this summer!

Also ordered a Carista dongle today so looking forward to having a play with that when it arrives.
You've probably found it already but here is a thread on the carista app:
Carista
There are more. It's a nice little tool for the money

You've probably found it already but here is a thread on the carista app:
Carista
There are more. It's a nice little tool for the money

Ed, that's the thread that cost me the 15.99 for the dongle but thanks anyway! I'm looking forward to having a play with it.

Ed, that's the thread that cost me the 15.99 for the dongle but thanks anyway! I'm looking forward to having a play with it.
There's plenty of bank balance reducing threads out there.... I shall go and find you more :D

Here's a few interior shots. The cabin is very nice I'm sure you'll all agree. I love all the gloss black and car grade dials and trims as well as the charcoal coloured plastics too - ideally I'd love to get the roof lining and upper trim parts to match, but I think that might be pushing it a bit for the moment!

The seats are also extremely comfortable with front swivels.

20180328_125638-01.jpeg
20180328_122901-01.jpeg
20180328_122943-01.jpeg

And the last one is a photo next to her big brother... old blue. These are the wheels I'm thinking about swapping over. Thoughts welcome.

20180328_125918.jpg

Last edited:
C4D44A3E-C72D-49D7-9DAF-CCF5E7DD72A4.jpeg
Here's a few interior shots. The cabin is very nice I'm sure you'll all agree. I love all the gloss black and car grade dials and trims as well as the charcoal coloured plastics too - ideally I'd love to get the roof lining and upper trim parts to match, but I think that might be pushing it a bit for the moment!

The seats are also extremely comfortable with front swivels.

View attachment 19876
View attachment 19877
View attachment 19878

And the last one is a photo next to her big brother... old blue. These are the wheels I'm thinking about swapping over. Thoughts welcome.

View attachment 19879
Ahhh very nice, our exec is 2 1/2 years old and still can’t believe how good it is despite having to have a new engine.....
The DCC was always an option so you didn’t miss out it’s the button next to the parking sensor one, in sport mode it does make a big difference to handling too.

View attachment 19923
Ahhh very nice, our exec is 2 1/2 years old and still can’t believe how good it is despite having to have a new engine.....
The DCC was always an option so you didn’t miss out it’s the button next to the parking sensor one, in sport mode it does make a big difference to handling too.
She looks great! What was with having to have a new engine?!?

Back