Luke's Caravelle

I’ve got a 2.5 130bhp is there a big difference in power with the caravelle I assume that’s the jump you did ?

Yeah, exactly that.

My 2.5 was re-mapped to about 180 and the 2.5 was very torquey as I remember it. The 2.0 I got now is certainly fast and powerful enough. It'll be even more so when I get it re-mapped! It's verrrrrry smooth and quiet with the DSG in comparison to the 2.5.

Thanks for taking time to answer the questions. Spending the next short while getting mine ready for sale before I get the caravelle

Does your caravelle have dcc?if so did you need to do anything regards changing the shocks. Mine allegedly has dcc but no button on the dash so not sure whether it has or not and how changing suspension might impact it.

No DCC mate. Just swapped the shocks and springs. How do you know you have DCC if no button? Is it controlled via the stereo?

Last edited:
It is in the caravelle spec list but I think it must be passive rather than the adjustable option some of the Van's had.

Got it so nothing more than springs. Guess that makes it easier when I start looking at options

It could possibly have other different components, but no fancy electronics or valves.

How much are you lowering it? So I assume if it’s 20mm lower than a standard van you won’t be lowering it so much? I lowered my kombi 40mm which I thought was suffice ?

Fitted some heat insulating fabric around the Erberspacher exhaust today. Quick easy job that I should have done a while ago!20200523_111143.jpg

New figures after a custom remap. 178 bhp and 459Nm. Much better to drive on the 2 hr trip home! Smooth delivery of power all the way through the revs and gears. I can now overtake with confidence

IMG-20200610-WA0013.jpg

15918063520016328849840112984108.jpg

Just got a steering angle sensor issue to sort out and all will be well!

20200610_094721.jpg

and the torque increase will make the DSG work very well for mid range cruising, hills, and overtaking

It was ace on the motorway, no need to wait for a huge gap in the traffic, check mirror, foot down and you're off!

First camping trip this year. Wife and middle son slept in the van, very comfortable apparently...
The other two and I kipped in the tent. Location was Lago Matese, Campania, beautiful spot.

20200620_202201.jpg

20200620_211654.jpg

It's been a long time coming. We had plans for Sardinia in April. Have to keep fingers crossed for later in the year now.

Back