Not really sure on price for individual parts really @Deano_t6 because we got the Caravelle back seat,the middles of the door panels and the bottoms of the b-pillars trimmed in leather and the a-pillars,tops of the b-pillars,roof lining and sun visors trimmed in Alcantara all at the same time.

This is all the beige lower dash parts for the small centre console. For the double passenger seat there is no black lower b pillar trim available but i have the part bumpers for the black b pillar trim for the single passenger seat.
View attachment 13106

This is the gloss black upper dash parts.
View attachment 13107

Eveything direct from you're local vw van centre.

@RattyMcClelland
Hi sorry to bring up a old post I’m currently trying to order the black panels to get rid of the mouldy beige ones. The codes you have listed for the panels are they for the comfort dash or normal dash?
Thanks

Love to get the part numbers for the door cards please, want to get my lower dash done too thinking of just getting it covered with the suede to match my headlining anyone have any other pics?

B87BB303-DB0B-4ABC-BC6C-20D217F75565.jpeg

Seen all that @DXX but i dont think any of them used a primer as it is marketed as PIO meaning paint in one ie no primer needed but i used their plastic primer anyhow and am hoping that it improves durabilty. Yes @Keefff i would probably have just bought the bits if i had a standard dash
Hi Martin, interested to know how well the spray is holding up? I’m hoping to do same

Hello @NickJW ,the dash parts etc that were painted are just fine but i have hardly used the van so it is not as if it is in daily use! I would strongly recommend using their primer first and then lots of very light coats sprayed from a distance of 30cm,just dust it on. Hope this helps

Let me know what you need
Hi Pauly Ideally like somewhere i could get all this work done as i dont think i would do a very good job! lower dash/ door cards / A pillars and heading in cab all needs covering in suede or alcantara type material anything but the squeeky horrible beige. Any ideas apart from Colebrook

TBH honest im not sure on the lining front ?
If you need any of the part numbers for anything give me a shout

Yes that sounds more like it @Keefff ,i think it was going to cost about £8-900 for me to change it all when i priced it up. Anyhow,here is some photos of what i have done so far @Skyliner33 .The first few are of interior bits i have painted,the second last one is the dash panel i have painted next to a genuine vw panel in titan black and the last one is the paint and primer i have used. I gave the parts a light rub with a scotchbrite pad,3 coats of primer and then about 4 coats of paint. The paint literally needs dusting on from a distance of about a foot. I am happy with the results so far and even happier that it is not costing £8-900! I am interested to see what you thinkView attachment 83183View attachment 83184View attachment 83185View attachment 83186View attachment 83187View attachment 83188
Hello mate, a long shot but…. I don’t suppose what 14 months on you remember how much paint it took you to spray all the bits? :think smile bounce:

Thinking of doing this soon and I don’t want to come up short!

Has anybody got a definitive result on the durability of Buzzweld paint with regards to the dash panels / door cards?
Somebody with 6 months plus use?

Has anybody got a definitive result on the durability of Buzzweld paint with regards to the dash panels / door cards?
I did the grab handles and the overhead light. TBH it’s ok on those parts but I wouldn’t do it on the lower parts. To much traffic.

Reactions: DXX
Just to add to this.. I started the journey and finished it.
Full lower plastics changed to black. Door cards, lower parts and bottle cooler.
Plastic grab handles, lighting controls HL and mesh speakers sprayed black.
Black gloss comfort dash cubby hole with wireless charging.
Wireless apple car play
Wireless media player. Netflix etc through headunit.
Airlift performance controller installed to air vent.
A pillars, headliner and top of B pillars trimmed in Milano by @BognorMotors.
B pillars lower trimmed.
Halo fitted and trimmed in Milano with small spots and continuous LED strip.

just need to find someone who will trim the sun visors now.

View attachment 112540

View attachment 112541

View attachment 112542

View attachment 112543

View attachment 112544

View attachment 112545

View attachment 112546

View attachment 112548

View attachment 112549

View attachment 112550

View attachment 112551

View attachment 112552

View attachment 112553

View attachment 112554
This halo headliner looks awesome with the small spots. Did Bognor do that or just cover it for you @jaymac ?

Hello @Jwardy23 ,i'm not 100% but perhaps 5-6 cans plus the primer which i think it definitely needs. @DXX it's been on mine for a while now but i didn't do the door cards. Apart from a couple of tiny chips around the hard plastic piece that goes around the gearstick etc needing touched( i think this is with the piece moving slightly as you drive)mine just looks the same as when it was done but bear in mind my van is only lightly used.Hope this helps

@Texxaco - did you do yours about a year ago?
I did do mine @JOG but then stripped it as it was too easy to catch and scratch. Ended up using a matt spray from Wickes which is still holding up fine.

Last edited:
Reactions: DXX
I did mine with the buzzweld, I used 2 cans of the plastic primer to build around 3 coats and got a litre tin of the plastic in one and bought the spray gun they supply to use with my compressor and I’m really happy with the result and I use the van as my daily.
Using the spray gun I could build it up in thin layers which took around 5 coats and I haven’t had any of the issue of chipping or scratching. All I would suggest is try to get a good colour match, I used the one Martin Gibson used further up the thread which is good and definitely looks better but has a slightly browny/red tinge compared to the upper dash, I plan on redoing mine again at some point if I can get the time to nip into them with some trim and see what they can sort

I did mine with the buzzweld, I used 2 cans of the plastic primer to build around 3 coats and got a litre tin of the plastic in one and bought the spray gun they supply to use with my compressor and I’m really happy with the result and I use the van as my daily.
Using the spray gun I could build it up in thin layers which took around 5 coats and I haven’t had any of the issue of chipping or scratching. All I would suggest is try to get a good colour match, I used the one Martin Gibson used further up the thread which is good and definitely looks better but has a slightly browny/red tinge compared to the upper dash, I plan on redoing mine again at some point if I can get the time to nip into them with some trim and see what they can sort
Using an etch primer helps with the “bind” to the plastic. Then you can build your primers and top coats on top

All the parts at VW Supply on line come in at £475 inc vat and delivery so I get your point on cost . I have just ordered the panel under steering column as a tester. Sounds like the B posts will require painting, @Martin Gibson what paint are you using?
Hi everyone I’m looking at a colour change for the lower dash and I am really struggling to find Titan black lower dash panels online. From anywhere. Does anyone have any links or websites to visit to get OEM lower dash panels. Many thanks

Back