I Hope VW don’t going to start arguing about warranty because the van is remapped.

It has been under pressure testing over the night so I am waiting on a phone call right now.

I Hope VW don’t going to start arguing about warranty because the van is remapped.

It has been under pressure testing over the night so I am waiting on a phone call right now.
I assume you didn't mention it, as a cracked head due to the extra heat/strain on a remapped ecu is just the sort of thing they would use to refuse a claim.

I assume you didn't mention it, as a cracked head due to the extra heat/strain on a remapped ecu is just the sort of thing they would use to refuse a claim.

Of course not, although the company that remapped my van has a very good relation with VW in Sweden.

Anyways got the van back today and told that there is no problem/leaks. Third time in at VW for this problem.

They just asked me to come back again if the problem comes back.

I am starting to get the feeling that VW is trying to just make some time because my warranty goes out soon.

I am starting to get the feeling that VW is trying to just make some time because my warranty goes out soon.
You reported the the problem whilst it was in warranty, so as long as you keep diary notes they will fix it if it turns out to be an issue.

After couple months and several visits at the VW Dealer they now find that it’s a crack in the engine top and it’s going to be replaced on warranty.

(Went to another VW dealer and they located the problem direct.)

Guys after reading these I can relate, I have a T6 dsg 2016, I have started having coolant loss and after monitoring to find the leak I have coolant dripping continuously from a rubber grommet with an outlet built into the grommet on the passenger side engine bay bulkhead. After several visits to VW Van centre they can not find the issue, and inform me that’s air con condensation, I have purposely not used the air con to satisfy myself but still water leaks from this grommet only dripping but after a good run it’s a continual drip and a puddle forms under the van.
Can any body help me with this or has anyone had the same issue.
Any help is greatly appreciated. I have attached a photo of said grommet!!!

image.jpg

Hi
Yes, I do a lot of miles and maybe twice a week I get the low coolant level light come on.
So I just top it up to the mark on the header/ expansion tank.
It’s also defo coolant from this grommet as I have captured some.
The van doesn’t seem to have lost power at all,

Guys after reading these I can relate, I have a T6 dsg 2016, I have started having coolant loss and after monitoring to find the leak I have coolant dripping continuously from a rubber grommet with an outlet built into the grommet on the passenger side engine bay bulkhead. After several visits to VW Van centre they can not find the issue, and inform me that’s air con condensation, I have purposely not used the air con to satisfy myself but still water leaks from this grommet only dripping but after a good run it’s a continual drip and a puddle forms under the van.
Can any body help me with this or has anyone had the same issue.
Any help is greatly appreciated. I have attached a photo of said grommet!!!

View attachment 52217
Grommet is nothing to with coolant, they are for condense and roof gutter drains.

Hi all...............reading this thread with trepidation as my 204 (67 plate) with 12,000 miles on it has just started this exact same problem...........so it appears above that it could be faulty EGR or even a cylinder head ? Can't wait for the dealer antics and the potential 7 visits to them over the next few months.........I really have nothing better to do ! Wish I'd never gotten rid of the Hilux for this box of constant niggles and problems ! :mad:

If there’s coolant coming out of the drain grommet for the a/c could it be a leaking heater matrix?

Update: Mine's been to dealers yesterday to look at coolant loss, been told it is the EGR Cooler that's leaking, part will only arrive later this month so I have to take it back then, (been told I can drive it for now but to keep an eye on coolant) ! :unsure:

Update: Mine's been to dealers yesterday to look at coolant loss, been told it is the EGR Cooler that's leaking, part will only arrive later this month so I have to take it back then, (been told I can drive it for now but to keep an eye on coolant) ! :unsure:

I bet they didn’t put that in writing?

I bet they didn’t put that in writing?
You guessed 100% correct there ! :rofl:
I didn't even get any paperwork saying that I'd asked them to look at it...........albeit no corrective work was actually done. I'll make sure I get something when the "EGR Cooler leak" is fixed..............and cross my fingers that'll be the end of it.........although my confidence is low having read posts on here about the same issue :confused:

I’ve got a Shuttle with the 150ps Euro 6 engine manual gearbox, 16 plate with 55,000 miles on it.

I’ve only had it a week and the coolant light has just come on, when cold it’s sitting about 20mm below the min marker. I checked it last weekend and it was on the min marker but the engine was warm at that point. I’ve got mayo on the oil filler neck but none on the dipstick.

I’ve read all the threads about coolant loss, some of the stories are really scary. Some advice says top up the coolant level, others say don’t drive it because of potential for hydro lock.

I am minded to top up the coolant and see what happens. What do you think?

A743678B-A4E1-4613-8B79-8402DA9F46E4.jpeg

6E1800A3-16FD-406F-B61D-437C70E8D8AE.jpeg

Top it up and keep an eye on it.

Some mayo is normal in the filler Neck., due to a cool running engine and air flow around filler..

If you've only had it a week, take it back and ask them to investigate, at least that way they know about the issue (make sure they log it or acknowledge your concern in writing) and let them make the decision as to what to do next, if the engine implodes and they find out you kept feeding it water they'll do their best to deny any responsibility for breaking it.

Having another look this morning there is some pooled coolant, but I can’t tell where it’s coming from.

9638E168-D3BE-4A80-8F8B-2F09C6F789AC.jpeg

Back