Looking to buy T6 kombi, will it smell like dog?

Deffo has ac again highline model

Dsg which is desirable
T32 which again is desirable
Day van conversion already started carpets bed etc
- Yes the T32 is swing in this vans favour.
- Personally, I would prefer a 6 speed manual. (However I say that having never driven a DSG)
- The bed is good, I would be looking to add one anyway so save a bit of cash there. I thought a factory Kombi would be more desirable than a converted panel van, or is that not really that relevant?

AC button shows on pic 18.
Also has satnav unlike 1st one.
Crew can or crew bus terms often used instead of Kombi or combi.
Also, the sliding side windows look like genuine VW.
Andy

Looks like a Kombi to me. It's got a decent spec too including a sunroof, that's a very rare addition.

Ok! I thought it was a converted PV. The seats are a 1 + 1 + 1 set up which I was unusual and maybe not a factory option. I’m plan to put my 18 month old and my newborn in the back which is why I would prefer factory fighter seats

A detailer will be able to remove the smell for you and an Aircon refresh will also help as that's constantly holding the smell and circulating it back in the van. But if you are having a go clean the seatbelts this is something that's usually missed that tend to smell I've found..steaming them will do the trick! I've seen your local hand wash places pressure wash them which is a no no

The second van has better spec - DSG is a must, plus it has a sunroof but I’d be wary of the bi-turbo engine

With the first one I’d be more worried about what happened to require a new hpfp, injectors and fuel lines.
Sounds like maybe a catastrophic fuel pump failure. Would it be worth having the cylinders checked with a scope to make sure there’s no engine damage.
Also how long ago was this work done?

The owner said there was a juddering, took it in, 1 injector was replaced, that didnt fix it, took it back in, replaced all. Not sure how I would check the cylinders on a regular viewing in a carpark or outside his house. This work was done about 6 -8 months ago I believe.

My view was as the first has a full service history, it was likely to be in a better state than the second as it only has part service history (Depends on a lot of factors though I guess). I need to dig into what was done and when with the second, I know it does need a DSG oil change which I would do straight away.

The second van has better spec - DSG is a must, plus it has a sunroof but I’d be wary of the bi-turbo engine
Yes the sunroof is a nice addition. I would like to add a poptop in a few years down the line, might be a shame to do away with that sunroof though.

Wary enough not to buy it? A quick scan, I was reading that the Euro 5 Bi turbo engines had troubles but the newer Euro 6 are better. Not sure how accurate that is or maybe a bit simplistic.

Theres a lot to consider when buying a Transporter isnt there! Got the feel I am on to two pretty good vans though.

The owner said there was a juddering, took it in, 1 injector was replaced, that didnt fix it, took it back in, replaced all. Not sure how I would check the cylinders on a regular viewing in a carpark or outside his house. This work was done about 6 -8 months ago I believe.

My view was as the first has a full service history, it was likely to be in a better state than the second as it only has part service history (Depends on a lot of factors though I guess). I need to dig into what was done and when with the second, I know it does need a DSG oil change which I would do straight away.
I’m no expert but if it’s covered a good few miles since that work then that would give confidence in the problem being sorted and limited to the parts replaced.

for the first van did they give a warranty on the replaced parts/work? would be good to know

Yes, that’s a good idea to check.

Thank you all for your response, what a friendly and active forum this is.

I’m looking forward to posting a thread with my van once I’ve taken the plunge, and hope to see you a few of you out on the road!

i should imagine it'll depend on a couple of things...
1. how smelly the dog is/was (and how clean they were kept)
2. how clean the van has been kept

Back