Leisure v power pack decision made

Stussy365

Hi, know this has been done to death and appreciate the time and hard yards put in by @Dellmassive but having originally deciding to go traditional leisure I’m now leading to power pack. Main reasons being:

Have a kombi and likely use as camper/ day van likely to be limited around 5 times per year max. Also concerned of leisure battery dechargung on drive between use (could be 3 weeks between decent drive time use).
Have home office and thinking with right pack and solar could double up with the power pack used during week to (possibly only partially) power my set up (laptop plus 2 monitors). I can then use the pack and foldable solar on any trips
I have an old camping EHU with 4 AC plugs so on any extended trips could book a night on EHU and charge power pack if doing road trip and running low on power or solar not enough.

So my query now is which pack/ set up is gonna suit my needs best (ie mainly to cover home office with van bit’s probably limited to compressor fridge (when stationary), gadget charging, possibly 12v TV and lights).

To be honest this is probably aimed most @Dellmassive given his research (comments/ thoughts would me much appreciated!). Initially I have been looking at deals at minute and in particular

Eco flow delta2
Anker solix f1200 / 757 as reviewed by dellmassive
Anker solix c1000

The above with recommended/ manufacturers solar panels (200w).

Would like the unit to fit under the rear seat if possible height wise. I likes the c1000 as the 4 plugs covers my home requirement (2monitor and lap top charger). Unsure on electrical loading and calcs to choose this model over the f1 tho.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated, hoping to get a deal on the Black Friday offers around

Thanks

I originally bought my EcoFlow Delta 2 (with their 220W solar panels) about a year ago to support my home office due to the possibility of winter power cuts. We didn’t have any power cuts but the Delta 2 is great and I hope to utilise it to support the house electrics even more once I can get more solar mounted. I also think I would consider using it as the basis of my van electrics if I was starting again.

I was in a similar decision making process - my van is a Kombi not a camper so don’t need to power fridges and heaters.

I bought the Delta Mini and it is powering my Wi-Fi hotspot, cctv camera and has some USb sockets and a 13a socket for powering Velvetiser/small kettle.

Charged via 12v ignition supply or the 160w solar panel on the roof - fully charged it will last about 3 days powering the hotspot and its own quiescent power draw.

I am now finding that the solar is not enough to keep it topped up like it was during the summer and nor is the 1hour commute to work and back so several times over the last few weeks it has fully depleted.

Not really sure what to do now.

They are all very close, but I'd choose the.....

Delta2

Because I like the App, and it's smaller in size.

Though if I was to buy another.... I'd go for the delta 2 max for the bigger battery capacity.

Last edited:
I originally bought my EcoFlow Delta 2 (with their 220W solar panels) about a year ago to support my home office due to the possibility of winter power cuts. We didn’t have any power cuts but the Delta 2 is great and I hope to utilise it to support the house electrics even more once I can get more solar mounted. I also think I would consider using it as the basis of my van electrics if I was starting again.
Thanks - the home office is similar to my needs/ thoughts. What’s that unit like in terms of longevity and what you are powering? Acknowledge solar output will be limited now with winter, though I’m happy to use alongside the mains.

I was in a similar decision making process - my van is a Kombi not a camper so don’t need to power fridges and heaters.

I bought the Delta Mini and it is powering my Wi-Fi hotspot, cctv camera and has some USb sockets and a 13a socket for powering Velvetiser/small kettle.

Charged via 12v ignition supply or the 160w solar panel on the roof - fully charged it will last about 3 days powering the hotspot and its own quiescent power draw.

I am now finding that the solar is not enough to keep it topped up like it was during the summer and nor is the 1hour commute to work and back so several times over the last few weeks it has fully depleted.

Thanks for your comments. I see from dellmassive that 12v car charging isn’t really viable which was where I was basing my thoughts around an EHU charge where necessary. Unless can get an alternator charging system in like the traditional leisure. Would need isolating though as lot of the time the unit will be kept in the office

You need a bigger battery pack.

Or take it out and charge at home from 240v.

Or you need a buffer battery to keep the unit charging 24/7.. (this is what I now do to have extended run times)

Ie, fit a leisure battery and dc-dc charger, the user that to trickle charge your power pack.

Yes I know it means fitting a 12v system, but unfortunately this will always be the downside of ruining portable power pack s in the van....

The recharge from from 12v will always be slow.

The other option to make a portable 12v battery box like mine... to act as a buffer battery...

You could change that at home once a week, then drop it in the van an let that charge the portable pack.

Screenshot_20231119_091241_Chrome.jpg

They are all very close, but if choose the.....

Delta2

Because I like the App, and it's smaller in size.

Though if I was to buy another.... I'd go for the delta 2 max for the bigger battery capacity.
Thanks, likely out of my price range with solar but will have a look around. Bigger would be better for my home needs I feel also. Will see if a pay over 6 month interest free is available. Bl00dy mortgage payments up £300 a month from next month doesn’t help matters! Ha

You need a bigger battery pack.

Or take it out and charge at home from 240v.

Or you need a buffer battery to keep the unit charging 24/7.. (this is what I now do to have extended run times)

Ie, fit a leisure battery and dc-dc charger, the user that to trickle charge your power pack.

Yes I know it means fitting a 12v system, but unfortunately this will always be the downside of ruining portable power pack s in the van....

The recharge from from 12v will always be slow.

The other option to make a portable 12v battery box like mine... to act as a buffer battery...

You could change that at home once a week, then drop it in the van an let that charge the portable pack.

View attachment 220357

I was thinking if my proposal doesn’t suit I could potentially fit a traditional leisure battery at a later date for this reason but am hopeful my use as explained won’t require it.

Need to read up on how people have wired a 12v system from a power pack though, given most only have the single 12v output. Can this be used to feed a 12v fuse box or will it overload? I’m not massively technical so n these things - put in a 12v fusebox and wiring on an old t2 years ago but struggling to remember what I did now and was much simpler system haha

Thanks, likely out of my price range with solar but will have a look around. Bigger would be better for my home needs I feel also. Will see if a pay over 6 month interest free is available. Bl00dy mortgage payments up £300 a month from next month doesn’t help matters! Ha
Just seen the max is £1100 more than the 2. Not really viable at the minute unfortunately

Thanks - the home office is similar to my needs/ thoughts. What’s that unit like in terms of longevity and what you are powering? Acknowledge solar output will be limited now with winter, though I’m happy to use alongside the mains.
I’ve not had to try it in anger, but my office is using about 40W (that’s a screen, laptop, router & NAS drive) so it should keep me working.
Last winter, the 220W solar panel could output 60-70W when just hung in a window from winter sunshine, but I have scaffolding up at the moment which has paused my plans to mount more permanent solar.

Hi @Dellmassive, hope you don’t mind me picking your brain. Was looking at the above and considering the comments and my use made the decision that the delta 2 max was the way forward. Been waiting on some sale/ promo to bring within budget with it presently being on sale circa £1,899.00.

I then came across this unit which seems a good deal at £1,199.00. Only 2 AC which is a bit of a problem for daily use intentions but not a game changer. What I like with this is that it has an Anderson port for the van 12v electrics whereas the delta 2 max is limited to powering my 12v via car socket, limiting power for my internal uses (lights plus 12v socket for fridge and possibly tv). I had concerns over loading if lights and fridge /tv are on that I’d exceed the incoming available via the delta 2 12v socket supply.

Have you come across these units/ manufacturer at all? (Or anyone else - open question!)

Thanks

Hi @Dellmassive, hope you don’t mind me picking your brain. Was looking at the above and considering the comments and my use made the decision that the delta 2 max was the way forward. Been waiting on some sale/ promo to bring within budget with it presently being on sale circa £1,899.00.

I then came across this unit which seems a good deal at £1,199.00. Only 2 AC which is a bit of a problem for daily use intentions but not a game changer. What I like with this is that it has an Anderson port for the van 12v electrics whereas the delta 2 max is limited to powering my 12v via car socket, limiting power for my internal uses (lights plus 12v socket for fridge and possibly tv). I had concerns over loading if lights and fridge /tv are on that I’d exceed the incoming available via the delta 2 12v socket supply.

Have you come across these units/ manufacturer at all? (Or anyone else - open question!)

Thanks

that looks like a cloan of the ANKER 757 and others. . .

1707049564002.png

not come across them before,

so assuming another chinese cloan.

you might want to do your reasearch and check the build quality.

its very cheap for the spec. . . . so that cost saving is coming from somewhere?

there are some YT reviews on that page that be worth looking at . . . but be cautious as they could be paid reviews.

+++++++

the main players in 2024 are :

EcoFlow,
Anker,
Bluetti,
jackory,

most of the others are cloan copies

Thanks. Isn't the 757 smaller capacity though? This is similar to the delta 2 max in terms of capacity. I was looking at the other brands also but liked the size of the eco flow. This one looks similar size wise. Really wish they’d put an Anderson on the delta 2 max though ha

yes, i was just saying it looks like a cloan - as in the design style.

I've got some the smaller cheaper, unbranded, power packs.

and the are fine - none have blown up yet.

so they may be fine. . . . .

but.

do you want to chance it?

price vs spec seems way off to me. . . .

++++++

and there are tons of teardown vids from the Ecoflow etc that rate the saftey and build quality.

++++++

so just saying do your research.

i might have a quick look at one of the vids.

this guys seems to like it. . .

but he doesnt get right down to the cells. . .

1707051742368.png

They appear to have been founded in 2012 as far as I can see in the US, gonna do some more research but having serious thoughts of making this my purchase

I have been looking at getting one of these Dabbsson power stations they look pretty good has anyone else got one

Back