Karcher... Grrr..

Steve H

Excited Member
T6 Pro
I'm grumpy now..

Few hours spare, thought I'd give the old girl a bath and got the Karcher out. Set all the bits out on the kitchen drainer and hooked the Karch up.

Decided to give it a zap with the pressure washer before doing the snow foam bit, and as the van dripped, came inside to change the wand for the snow foam stuff. Would the b*gger turn..? Would it heck..!

I wrestled for many minutes, trying to force it in and twist, swapping hands, drying it all, wrapping in a towel and all the other ramp up scales of force that you try. Eventually, it came out and stared at me as if to say 'haha..'

Popped the snow foam bit on and emptied the bottle on the van. This is the good bit, the real man job part. I love the sound of plopping and watching it. That may just be me, though..

Took the snow foam kit out dead easy, and left the pressure washer handle alone..

Twenty minutes of buckets and wash mitts later, I pick up the washer handle and try to wrestle the wash wand in the handle. What an absolute pig. Pushing, twisting and cursing, it took another twenty minutes to finally get it seated.

Is it just mine that does this..? Both the Karcher wands are the same, but the two aftermarket snow foam attachments snick in like an MX-5 gearbox..

Hope the neighbours didn't hear the cursing..

Just yours I think, mine slip in and out very easily. I'm on my 3rd Karcher and never had a wand issue.

I've used the K2 for years in my business, going through them at a rate of around 1 every 18 months, which I think is fantastic considering they get 5 days a week use, dropped, thrown, skidded and hung off the hose.
I've never had any issues with the wands.

Which K2 are you using? Theres been several new versions of certain models, and we now have the latest, which again they've cleverly changed certain parts so you cannot interchange hoses and wands. I might have a spare wand for yours, you can have, depending on which model it is.

It's actually a K4, and as it was new three months ago, I feel a trip back to Halfords with it..

At least it's just mine though. If it was a generic thing I'd be grumpier..

Thanks peeps.

I had trouble changing fittings on my k4 .

Would not twist in how ever hard I tried . I switched the power off , then pulled trigger to let out the water that was under pressure.
Then the fitting went on easy !

Worked for me .

I had trouble changing fittings on my k4 .

Would not twist in how ever hard I tried . I switched the power off , then pulled trigger to let out the water that was under pressure.
Then the fitting went on easy !

Worked for me .
I do that too. Works a treat

I just bought a new K2 but my last one was like that, I had to push it on the floor then twist it followed by a squeeze of the trigger to jettison the lance.

I find my K4 lance either sticks or works a treat, i think its something to do with the spring i the end, if the lance clicks when i insert it it comes out easily, if it doesn't click then i need a screw driver to prise it forward to release, it's exactly the same with my auto brite snow foam lance

My new one is a K5 Full Control Plus. Got it from the Karcher outlet for just under £100. :)

My new one is a K5 Full Control Plus. Got it from the Karcher outlet for just under £100. :)
I got my k2 from the outlet, and the pro hard floor cleaner for Mrs Loz after she had the heart attack so she didn’t need to bend down ;)

... what!? :whistle:

Last edited:
It's actually a K4, and as it was new three months ago, I feel a trip back to Halfords with it..

At least it's just mine though. If it was a generic thing I'd be grumpier..

Thanks peeps.
Not just yours bud. Mines the same, K4 from the outlet. Should have sent it back but too much hassle. Right pain in the arse.

I've had mine over 12 months and has only just started doing it

K4 & K7 here . . . . .with all the accessories . . . . .

No issues here . . . . . but as above switch off and squeeze trigger to release pressure before the push&twist action.

also i noticed when NEW they have a SMALL bit of Vaseline type LUBE in the socket to aid insertions, maybe try adding a tiny bit of suitable lube?

Back