Just Bought A T6 Panelvan - Selfbuilding A Camper - Making Videos To Help Those That Are Interested.

What are your thoughts on magnetic cab blackout blinds? ... Someone said that in the winter it’s still worth having the outside wrap for extra insulation...

Anyway, these were sent to me for free and they work well for the summer...

Am planning to do a video on Charista soon... it fixed my airbag light problem when i installed the leisure battery AGM under the driver's seat (I disconected the airbag and the system latches the fault) ... also, I could disable the seatbelt alarm and make my van beep when I armed the theft alarm... so many little hacks and not too expensive...

Thought you'd given up but now I see there is a time delay, can't beat a bit of Ilton, I assume that was midweek as quite quiet? Or paths might have crossed. I didn't notice in the credits, but that meal was sponsored by BK salt ;)

Cupboards are probably done by now, looking forward to the update.

@James1000 ... the van is quite liveable now... still no kitchen furniture but there is so much to do to make things better... I’ve started work on a video about cool chests vs fridge... and I want to install solar panels... so many things... but a few other projects have cropped up , also, I can’t keep spending money on the van, I need to do a little saving to fix the house too :)

@James1000 ... the van is quite liveable now... still no kitchen furniture but there is so much to do to make things better... I’ve started work on a video about cool chests vs fridge... and I want to install solar panels... so many things... but a few other projects have cropped up , also, I can’t keep spending money on the van, I need to do a little saving to fix the house too :)

It's the bottom less pit of buying everything you though you didn't need but think you need!! Have to say having been a 3 way fridge for most of my life the introduction to the new fridges is a game changer, I'll get 2-3 days off grid, I never turn the fridge off and battery remains charged just driving about day to day, handing for shopping and not having to rush home!!

It's the bottom less pit of buying everything you though you didn't need but think you need!! Have to say having been a 3 way fridge for most of my life the introduction to the new fridges is a game changer, I'll get 2-3 days off grid, I never turn the fridge off and battery remains charged just driving about day to day, handing for shopping and not having to rush home!!
Exactly! Handy for shopping and not rushing home! ... I’m thinking of buying the crx50 ... what do you have? ... also... I like ice in my whiskey:)

I have CRX65 so not sure if the differences to the 50 but even on a low setting freezer stays frozen, ramp it up from nothing with numerous freezer packs and in just over an hour driving - frozen. V impressed. I’m sure with solar it’s fully sustainable off grid.

However for a weekend it easily lasts on 120AH including lights / tv

Not bothered about solar yet - for extra £2 pn happy to use EHU if need.

Great videos and write ups, certainly a few things I would like to have a go at (Leisure Bat with Solar mainly). Scares the hell out of me though.

New video... Carista

Carista saved me from having to go to get my airbag fault unlocked after fitting a leisure battery under the drivers seat... a useful tool in my opinion... video below!

Here is the latest video, testing the DOMETIC WAECO SMEV 9222 Sink and Hob, wiring up the pump, also the CRX50 refridgerator fridge freezer installation and wiring. Its a bit of a long video, and none of the woodwork is mine... but it is epic progress and we just came back from a week in Newquay... weather was perfect, camper was amazing... loving this... need more holiday now!! Next video on this subject will be our Newquay trip and some of my dubious solutions to camping problems!! :)

Just a short update... my belt pulley tensioning wheel has been replaced under warranty and my MOLL engine battery has also been replaced for a VARTA AGM battery... these upgrades are quite key to the health of your Van... check on them!! :)

A lovely look around the @Deaky van! - I love the fit and finish... this is a labour of love....!! @Deaky I have a question... What is your awning and rail? - I think I want one for my SWB conversion... Love to have met you and the guys/girls... thanks for taking time out to show us around!! Howard AKA Dubious

Hi Howard. My awning rail is just a basic aluminium C channel that’s pop riveted to the roof cassette. When the roof is down you can not see it.

I've missed out on this thread somehow,? But watched the vids via YT. . . .. . So not too far out of touch.

Some nice work there, keep it up.

And dont forget the shout outs to the forum and members.

Back