Just Bought A T6 Panelvan - Selfbuilding A Camper - Making Videos To Help Those That Are Interested.

I've missed out on this thread somehow,? But watched the vids via YT. . . .. . So not too far out of touch.

Some nice work there, keep it up.

And dont forget the shout outs to the forum and members.
Hi Howard. My awning rail is just a basic aluminium C channel that’s pop riveted to the roof cassette. When the roof is down you can not see it.

@Deaky ... sorry... to pester... cool way to hide the awning C Channel... what is the brand of awning and carbon quick erect poles? It looked really hard wearing and light! I think that my be my birthday present!!

Nice one @Deaky good to have a tour. In actual fact @DubiousEngineering i think you’ve found a excellent idea to see around all the amazing vans that we see photos of but by way of interview style✅

A lovely look around the @Deaky van! - I love the fit and finish... this is a labour of love....!! @Deaky I have a question... What is your awning and rail? - I think I want one for my SWB conversion... Love to have met you and the guys/girls... thanks for taking time out to show us around!! Howard AKA Dubious

Your videos have been an inspiration for me to attempt my conversion. I also bought the double passenger swivel chair based off your install and review.
I've got the doors next on my [extensive] list!

Cheers
Ollie

Your videos have been an inspiration for me to attempt my conversion. I also bought the double passenger swivel chair based off your install and review.
I've got the doors next on my [extensive] list!

Cheers
Ollie
Thanks Ollie!!! It’s a long road ... take your time and stay patient... do your research and make sensible decisions based on what you want and can afford... thanks for your kind feedback... stay safe mate :)

Once again a great video, any links to the products used especially door rubbers and bonnet cover.

@simon ... thanks man!
Door seal - VW T5 T5.1 T6 Transporter Door Seal + Dash Trim Combo 798068918954 | eBay - There are cheaper varieties out there, but I wanted proper 3M glue :)
The Bra was a kind donation to the channel... no idea who makes that. I’ve been told to watch out for trapped water causing problems... I’ll keep an eye on it.
The matting was left overs from the main retrofit. It’s not hard to find on eBay.

Be careful putting matting under the bonnet - it may get hot, fall off and cause a fire... definitely research that a little more :)

Direct reply from Silent coat

Hi L

Thanks for your enquiry.
I can confirm That Silent Coat 2mm Deadening mats are suitable for underbonnet use. I have attached a data sheet for your information.

Regards
Colin
SDS Team

DESCRIPTION
Silent Coat Mat is an elastomeric, butyl and aluminium constrained-layer vibrational damper.
Silent Coat Mat conforms and fuses easily to sheet metal and other hard substrates. Material performance is optimised for temperature ranges between -10°C to +60°C (14°F to+140°F). Material can withstand temperature extremes between -54°C to +149°C (-65°F to +300°F) and is highly resistant to ageing.
APPLICATIONS
Silent Coat Mat can be cut to shape and placed onto the body surface after sheet metal cleaning operation and prior to paint system (typically at the sealer application operation) or on painted panels. Silent Coat Mat is used as treatment for metal panels, partitions, doors, panels etc. in cars, buses, vans and other vehicles.
It is also used for ventilation ducts, relay cabinets, steel furniture, home appliances, sink units, computer equipment, machine tools and for many other purposes.
INSTALLATION
Silent Coat Mat should be cut to the desired size before the release liner is removed. It may be cut with scissors, knife or die. Remove dust, grease, moisture, and other foreign matter from the application surface. Peel off the release liner. The simplest application technique is to bend the mat slightly and attach it along its shortest edge. The mat is then pressed firmly into place, preferably with a roller for larger pieces. This reduces the risk of leaving air pockets, which reduce the sound damping capacity. The temperature of the mat and application surface should not be below room temperature during fitting. Heating the material is not necessary.
SPECIFICATION
Appearance:
Black butyl based core with 4 mil aluminium constraining layer, paper release liner
Nominal Thickness:
2.0mm
Mass:
3.00kg/sq.m
Sheet Size:
375 x 250mm or 750 x 500mm
Temperature Range (Optimal Performance):
14°F to +140°F (-10°C to +60°C)
Temperature Range (Resistance):
-65°F to +300°F (-54°C to +149°C)
Chemical Resistance:
Resistant to water and mineral oils
Handling And Application:
Material must be stored at room temperature for best application
Storage Information:
Number Of Sheets In Stack: 50 max Material must be stored horizontally in its wrapping
Silent Coat UK
CAD Distribution, 7 Tower Industrial Estate, Berinsfield, Oxon, OX10 7LN, UK – 01865 343934

Back