Instrument cluster update?

View attachment 144539

He’s a photo of my clocks. Please excuse the dust needs a good clean when it warms up. this is an example with the drivers door open. All doors work except the graphic for the tailgate. Tailgate does turn on the interior lights so I know nothing wrong with the trigger for the tailgate being open.

Any idea On why the tailgate won’t open on the graphic?
Do you know your cluster part number? I thought that 3D were only in t6. As far as i know all colour (not 3D) clusters in 5.1 have chrome bezel around mfd but your doesn’t.
I bought sharan 3D cluster but decided to sell it And look for genuine t5.1 as yours if its oem

Yes, 3D was only with T6
TFT exist in older , but there is a one what support update SW to be a 3D , with proper hardware 7E0 920 880J
or you can buy older TFT and they can be updat to 3D with modyfiction

Last edited:
Yes, 3D was only with T6
TFT exist in older , but there is a one what support update SW to be a 3D , with proper hardware 7E0 920 880J
or you can buy older TFT and they can be updat to 3D with modyfiction
I've already purchased 7E0 920 880G so not sure if it's worth to bother swapping for 7E0 920 880J cause I was informed that upgrading it to 3d soft will cost me around 200 quids in my country.
I may buy this one pictured below

880j.jpg

Hi Guys - would love to upgrade to the colour display. I currently have a Highline B&W that came on my '19 plate Trendline...... could someone please give me a definitive part number, I have got so confused reading through all the posts? I know they now need to be registered with VW and that they need to be coded into the vehicle and the keys.....

Thank you in advance for your help!!!!

Hi Guys - would love to upgrade to the colour display. I currently have a Highline B&W that came on my '19 plate Trendline...... could someone please give me a definitive part number, I have got so confused reading through all the posts? I know they now need to be registered with VW and that they need to be coded into the vehicle and the keys.....

Thank you in advance for your help!!!!
880 at the end of part number

Thank you both for your replies - this is exactly my dilemma!! You all know a heap more than I and still there is some confusion...........

Back