Used instrument cluster coding

D11nyd

Reprogramming used instrument cluster:

I’ve purchased a used instrument cluster for my 2017 Highline T6 as my old one has been diagnosed as faulty.

It’s exactly the same part number but I know it will need coding.

Is that possible with my snap on modus edge scanner or is will it need to be done via Odis?

I’ve coded quite a few things with it through my work , clock springs, injectors etc but didn’t know if the instrument cluster was more in-depth with it having the Immobiliser etc.

I don’t mind taking it somewhere if that’s the case just prefer to know so I don’t risk damaging anything before I had a go at it

Any advise would be great.

Thanks

Have you got your old and "new" Instrument Cluster part numbers?

Photos and/or VCDS Autoscan?

Reactions: mmi
Have you got your old and "new" Instrument Cluster part numbers?

Photos and/or VCDS Autoscan?
Hi
No vagcom but my snap on scanner allows to read current code in cluster
Is it just a case of re writing that into the new cluster?
That’s how I’ve coded before i just wanted to check it’s not more complicated than that

Robert will give a proper response but from my experience of changing clocks on an older T5 you needed something like Vag Commander or Vag Tacho to get the SKU pin from the original clocks, you could then put the new clocks in and update the SKU pin, think that sorted the immobiliser issue and then something else had to be done to sort the mileage out. then it will need soft coding to match you van so it needed vcds to sort this bit out. so both programs were needed to get it all sorted.

If you replace Instrument Cluster you need to copy immo data from the EEPROM of the old one into the new one.

You can do that transfer via OBD2 socket with VAG-TACHO or a similar tool.

You also need to transfer CP data(if you have Discover Media and/or radar) but this is a little bit more complicated.

Reactions: mmi
If you replace Instrument Cluster you need to copy immo data from the EEPROM of the old one into the new one.

You can do that transfer via OBD2 socket with VAG-TACHO or a similar tool.

You also need to transfer CP data(if you have Discover Media and/or radar) but this is a little bit more complicated.

Sounds a bit above my scanners ability unfortunately

I will ring a few places to see if there’s anything local to me

Thanks to both of you for the advise

Back