Instrument cluster update?

mfourc

Hi,

I've got the latest 3D instrument cluster on my T5.1. it all works great, but I've noticed that the graphic of the van does not show when the tailgate is open? the light etc still comes on in the van and thus I know its not anything wrong with the switch or mechanics. Is there anyway to look at this in VCDS / a software update that I can do?

can you post a scan with vcds ?
Anyway you can’t update software with vcds
You need VCP or odis, and you need to find the right software file

Hi,

I've got the latest 3D instrument cluster on my T5.1. it all works great, but I've noticed that the graphic of the van does not show when the tailgate is open? the light etc still comes on in the van and thus I know its not anything wrong with the switch or mechanics. Is there anyway to look at this in VCDS / a software update that I can do?
First of all can you show us your vehicle picture in your Instrument Cluster?

PQ flash contains set of graphics for all PQ models. By default there is a choice of 2 sets per vehicle model(for example: sedan/estate, tailgate/barn doors, etc.). These 2 sets(MAIN & ALTERNATIVE) can be changed to any model by editing IC EEPROM and then they can be swapped via coding(single bit) of IC. Coding change can be done with VCDS. EEPROM can also be read and edited with dedicated tools.

A107D850-0554-42A5-A39A-EF3F60482A02.jpeg

He’s a photo of my clocks. Please excuse the dust needs a good clean when it warms up. this is an example with the drivers door open. All doors work except the graphic for the tailgate. Tailgate does turn on the interior lights so I know nothing wrong with the trigger for the tailgate being open.

Any idea On why the tailgate won’t open on the graphic?

cluster not genuine ,assembly from other , hard to say what SW is in there
anyway -check in VCDS - 17th - Advanced measure block :
write there "door" and mark all STATUS: / door /Lids ...should be 7
open all doors and check if status change in Cluster Measure Block

post vcds autoscan too from Cluster

doors.png

write there "door" and mark all STATUS: / door /Lids ...should be 7
Just to add and complement the above which applies to barn door.
For tailgate setup there are 6 as "REAR WINDOW" doesn't apply and this measuring value is not available.

Reactions: mmi
not sure how "analog" they are, but if there is a cental locking - they should talk toogether with BCM.
Tailgate only door with centra lockingactivatedoor status, "slave" not
questions - did interior light is ON while door open ?
anyway , put back old cluster and check it that cluster show doors indicator while doors open

Just to add and complement the above which applies to barn door.
For tailgate setup there is 6 as "REAR WINDOW" doesn't apply and this measuring value is not available.
@Robert how hard is this MOD pal? Is it pretty much a straight swap?

@Robert how hard is this MOD pal? Is it pretty much a straight swap?
Instrument Cluster replacement requires IMMO data to be copied from original IC EEPROM and put into "new" one.
Having right tools it is fairly simple process.

Instrument Cluster replacement requires IMMO data to be copied from original IC EEPROM and put into "new" one.
Having right tools it is fairly simple process.
Thanks @Robert, cheeky ask but you wouldn’t happen to know the part number would you?

@Robert is this part plug and play on a highline T6 aside from the surround being swapped over?

Cheers for your knowledge buddy
Physically it fits and Instrument Cluster connector is per say plug&play.
But in order to start your engine you have to copy immo data from the EEPROM of your "old" Instrument Cluster into the "new" one.

Also CP data transfer is required if you have CITY BRAKING/ACC or genuine DM.

Physically it fits and Instrument Cluster connector is per say plug&play.
But in order to start your engine you have to copy immo data from the EEPROM of your "old" Instrument Cluster into the "new" one.

Also CP data transfer is required if you have CITY BRAKING/ACC or genuine DM.
Thanks @Robert, as I don’t have city breaking/ACC I don’t have that to worry about. What is DM?

How do you copy the EEPROM immo database from old to new, would this be using VCDS?

Back