I tell you what drives me mad about my T6

All the storage compartments in dash and doors are totally useless, nothing fits and everything slides, the small ones I can't get my big builders fingers in and the coins then end up somewhere on the floor:mad: obviously designed by an engineer(sorry if I offend anyone) without any thought about actual practicality

Yep and me, just ordered rubber door pocket liners from Van X, just need to find the same for the dash, Bugs for Rugs do a carpet set.

5) You have to keep your foot on footbrake to keep engine shut down with start/stop function (DSG). Stick it in neutral or park or put hand brake on, engine still restarts if you release footbrake.
I had my van inspected because of (5), to be spesific - engine shuts down when stopped & foot on brake, stick in park and release footbrake (keeping seatbelt, not opening door, etc). At the dealer it didn't restart even once :( - frustrating :mad:.
A somewhat comforting moment was when technician backed out of garage, put stick in park, opened the door, stepped out - the engine shut down. Mentioned that it shouldn't do that either :D.

For some European markets I think it's mandated that the engine stops if you open the door and undo seatbelt, vaguely remember Italy being one. I've never had a car or van with Start/Stop that would let you take your foot off the brake regardless of gear or handbrake state.

Reactions: mmi
Yeah Mmi. Re 5.
I had my van inspected because of (5), to be spesific - engine shuts down when stopped & foot on brake, stick in park and release footbrake (keeping seatbelt, not opening door, etc). At the dealer it didn't restart even once :( - frustrating :mad:.
A somewhat comforting moment was when technician backed out of garage, put stick in park, opened the door, stepped out - the engine shut down. Mentioned that it shouldn't do that either :D.
As well as minor discomfort, it actually causes a couple of problems. Firstly, your brake lights are constantly illuminated causing glare to the following driver (against guidance in the UK highway code). Not sure about Finland.

Secondly, If you get shunted from behind while stopped at the lights and your foots on the foot brake with no handbrake applied, the chances are with the potential forces involved, your foot will come off the brake pedal. Although I'd hope that the post collision braking system would kick in, hopefully preventing the vehicle from rolling off into more danger.

Reactions: mmi
Yeah Mmi. Re 5.

As well as minor discomfort, it actually causes a couple of problems. Firstly, your brake lights are constantly illuminated causing glare to the following driver (against guidance in the UK highway code). Not sure about Finland.

Secondly, If you get shunted from behind while stopped at the lights and your foots on the foot brake with no handbrake applied, the chances are with the potential forces involved, your foot will come off the brake pedal. Although I'd hope that the post collision braking system would kick in, hopefully preventing the vehicle from rolling off into more danger.
I agree, what I’m saying is I don’t think it’s a fault, I think it’s intentional. I’ve had 4 cars and 1 van with start/stop from various manufacturers and having to keep your foot on the brake has been the case in every one.

I agree, what I’m saying is I don’t think it’s a fault, I think it’s intentional. I’ve had 4 cars and 1 van with start/stop from various manufacturers and having to keep your foot on the brake has been the case in every one.
Good points @andys @Dieseldonkey This is one the greatest things in this forum – sharing information. I really value people sharing their knowledge, findings, ideas, etc. in all areas of T6’ing – and around.

Unfortunately, that shutdown - door open/seat belt off - was the only one of that kind. It hadn’t happen before and hasn’t happened since then, even though I have tried to duplicate it to find the "rule". Just makes me think that current “random” behavior could even be a combination of leftover software pieces from other market areas. Also unexplained engine stalls reported elsewhere came to my mind.

Either engine restart when DSG in Park-position releasing footbrake doesn’t happen always – no more than 1/4 of times :mad:, which is what makes it quite annoying. I actually have learned to release seat belt first, then foot off the brake – which works, no restarts :)!

A kind of bottom line, which also my dealer agrees, is that if the behavior of StartStop in the cases above would be predictable, it would be easy to accept.

The document in thread Stop start - when does it become active describes the conditions but not very precisely leaving room for interpretations. Fortunately there are a few very definite unambiguous conditions – seat belt, door open, outside temperature, have to reach 10km/h. Although these cases are not the key things but they are the tool to prove things are not the way are designed to be.

So my wishful thinking is that some day VW has to have their software on the table, perhaps for other reasons, and when doing their test runs they will stumble across these peculiarities :sneaky:, too.

Re the above, I was told that there was an update for the ECU (T6 EU6) scheduled to be available in August. But at the time they informed me that new date is scheduled somewhere around March :whistle:.

There is an easy fix to the on off button - buy another button without the logo on!
Another proposal. Adjust the volume — press and hold the button for three seconds — turn the button so that power symbol is in right position — press the button briefly. :)

What drives me mad? When its warm with the ac on and it switches the recirc on (secretly without illuminating the indicator) to recycle the odour of two sweaty blokes on their way home...

Is there no automated lock function? We have traffics & Vivaro that have them,

Bit shite to be honest if it doesn’t ?

Cheers

But that is shite from VAG, surely on a highline they could stretch a bit and ensure it’s factory?

Vsnscat half the price have it

1-that the D is one up from the bottom on DSG- never go to sport as im tight!
2. rear door panels in Kombi

1) The fact that we don't have one yet.
:unsure:

2) The possibility of spending £20k on stuff for the van (that doesn't actually include the van).
:oops:

I now want to retract this statement, I’ve just taken delivery of a Volvo estate (stop laughing) and the start/stop does not need a foot on the brake. In fact the ACC will bring it to a complete stop, turn the engine off and apply the parking brake. However, it does still leave the rear brake lights on as if you did have your foot on the brake, must be a regulatory thing.

Its not something I get my knickers in a twist about, but when using cruise control you can only increase or decrease the speed by increments of 5mph using the steering wheel +/- button.

Back