I tell you what drives me mad about my T6

1) Instrument dials not illuminating when you turn side lights on.
2) Switch gear and DSG indicator set up for left hookers.
3) Cup holders on dash top are soddin miles away.
4) SE spec on Shuttle not being the same as Highline PV. Especially the lack of rear camera or parking sensors on LWB.
5) You have to keep your foot on footbrake to keep engine shut down with start/stop function (DSG). Stick it in neutral or park or put hand brake on, engine still restarts if you release footbrake.
6) Radio scrolls through all detected radio stations and not your presets if you use left and right scroll buttons on display.
Amen.

Oh number 6 thats the one, why the hell does it do that, i want to flick between MY stations using the MFSW buttons to change station not every one in existence !!

Reactions: mmi
Aw Crap!!!...One of the key reasons for me going to fork out for a MFSW was to get round the preset selection problem. But now your telling me that won't solve it either @Pauly. Thats just pants.
Appreciate the heads up on that.

1) Instrument dials not illuminating when you turn side lights on.
2) Switch gear and DSG indicator set up for left hookers.
3) Cup holders on dash top are soddin miles away.
4) SE spec on Shuttle not being the same as Highline PV. Especially the lack of rear camera or parking sensors on LWB.
5) You have to keep your foot on footbrake to keep engine shut down with start/stop function (DSG). Stick it in neutral or park or put hand brake on, engine still restarts if you release footbrake.
6) Radio scrolls through all detected radio stations and not your presets if you use left and right scroll buttons on display.
Amen.
#2 - Probably shouldn't point out how AutoStartStop switch is located just next to the DSG stick in LHD :whistle:.
DSG+AutoStartStop(LHD).jpg

overly light steering with zero feed back and feel
6 missing caps to finish off the rear plastic trim
exposed metal in and random holes in rear
footrest needs a plastic cover the carpet looks worn after a short time
lack of a rear passenger mat/carpet
under seat storage needs to be boxed in as things just fly forward under braking
digital speedo in MPH not standard
generally cheap looking seats in front and rear
rear kombi seats don't flip forward like the vito for maximum space.
mirrors don't auto fold when locking (stupid holding lock)
digital MPH speedo readout (cant believe they don't show this in stock form)

Last edited:
They flip the tiniest amount forward pointless even as the rear hinges are still attached,

? They flip all the way forwards, remove the headrests and they go vertical albeit they don't fix in the vertical position

7) Glove box too small and doesn't fit service pack.
8) Lack of lids on the passanger side storage spaces on the dash above glove box.
9) Dash is step backwards from T5 where the radio and vents were set forward making it closer to the driver. T6 flat dash makes radio too far away to adjust in comfort.

Aircon issue still unresolved. So while my van is in for its 3rd visit and 7th day at my not so local VW dealer, they've given me this Polo to play with. Goes to show, somebody at VW is able to produce an ergonomically sensible dash. Shame they weren't allocated to the T6 design team.

20171106_093141.jpg

10, No paint on the underside of the bonnet.
11, Air re-circlaution won't switch on if blowers facing screen.
12, Heater either hotter than the actual Sun, or colder than the moon. NO IN-BETWEEN
13, Flooring it at some speeds momentarily shoves the DSG box into the high end of the rev range where there's no power.

Back