I tell you what drives me mad about my T6

I agree, what I’m saying is I don’t think it’s a fault, I think it’s intentional. I’ve had 4 cars and 1 van with start/stop from various manufacturers and having to keep your foot on the brake has been the case in every one.
Not on my BMW, Auto start/stop keeps the engine off if the handbrake is applied so you can take your foot off the brake pedal. Although the brake lights do still stay on if the auto handbrake is used.

All the storage compartments in dash and doors are totally useless, nothing fits and everything slides, the small ones I can't get my big builders fingers in and the coins then end up somewhere on the floor:mad: obviously designed by an engineer(sorry if I offend anyone) without any thought about actual practicality
I’m using the nomadic bin as a coin holder, but any old coffee cup would work. Makes it easier to take the right change to the parking machine.

T6 caravelle's crackling hard plastics, low voltage plugs unable to charge phones, impractical carpet, inability to install bike rack without changing struts, manual handbrake! apart from those it is great!

I much prefer a manual handbrake although it does get in the way of the swivel seat.

Agree with USB dash port; takes forever to charge a phone!
I tend to use the Cali specific 12v Euro socket (with an adaptor) just behind the passenger seats; charges way quicker.

The piano black and instrument “glass” plastic of the comfort dash is way too soft; not a mark on the BMWs surfaces (also piano black) yet the under 2 year old Cali is scratched to bu66ery despite my near OCD care with it; the bit around the gearstick is particularly bad.

And that’s on a low mile leisure van; it would be far worse on a well used work van.

I much prefer a manual handbrake although it does get in the way of the swivel seat.

Agree with USB dash port; takes forever to charge a phone!
I tend to use the Cali specific 12v Euro socket (with an adaptor) just behind the passenger seats; charges way quicker.

I guess it’s only designed to provide enough power to read what’s on a usb stick and not charge it. I’m going to fit a female usb to the rear of one of the blanks and run it off my leisure battery. Worked well in my t5.1

I guess it’s only designed to provide enough power to read what’s on a usb stick and not charge it. I’m going to fit a female usb to the rear of one of the blanks and run it off my leisure battery. Worked well in my t5.1

My adaptor (Maplins) has two USB ports so both phones can be done quickly.
Having killed the battery on our old Cali T5.1 on our first trip (!) just by using the stereo a bit, I’m super wary of taking any charge from the main driving battery.

I try and use the leisure batteries only. Luckily with a manual you can at least bump start it!!

Not on my BMW, Auto start/stop keeps the engine off if the handbrake is applied so you can take your foot off the brake pedal. Although the brake lights do still stay on if the auto handbrake is used.
Yep, see my later post on my Volvo, it automatically puts the electric handbrake on when you come to stop and turns the engine off.

I seem to be having it pretty lucky, apart from my locks I've got nothing much to moan about. I'm getting a true 36mpg (my mfd only over reads by 2mpg) which I'm very happy with as its way more than my 130T5 and as much as I think it's fair to expect a 2.5 ton brick to give. My glovebox USB charges my iPhone 6S fine too. My only real gripe is the uncomfortable seat squab, but it's bearable

i think pressing and holding the + - buttons will increase by 1's also (but i need to check)

Mine does but I think that’s only euro5. I reckon the guys here who are complaining about 5mph are on the acc cruise control.

The people who mention the stereo doesn’t scroll thru the stored stations doesn’t happen in mine also. Possibly a different headunit also?

Having owned it for a day and done 300 miles bringing it to a grand total of 4000; here are things I don’t like (any help or advice welcome)
1. Because it’s a van I have to do -10mph on single and double carriageways compared to car speed limits. Not really a T6 specific problem but still annoying.
1b. The Discover Media Nav system has the speed limits set for a car so the ETA is quite a way off, don’t seem to be adjustable. Can VW do this (before sending them out)?
2. Sticking to a theme, the Sat Nav seems to wipe my route if left unattended for a few hours.
3. The rear wiper, working fine yesterday, and despite having not even opened the tailgate today, has stopped working. Squirter still works but the wiper makes no noises or twitches.
4. I keep getting a message about “Check safelock”. I’ve tested locking it with the fob when sat inside and it definitely deadlocks, I can hear the double locking too.
5. The digital speedo is in kph!
Help!

I had my van inspected because of (5), to be spesific - engine shuts down when stopped & foot on brake, stick in park and release footbrake (keeping seatbelt, not opening door, etc). At the dealer it didn't restart even once :( - frustrating :mad:.
A somewhat comforting moment was when technician backed out of garage, put stick in park, opened the door, stepped out - the engine shut down. Mentioned that it shouldn't do that either :D.

Mmi. Discovered I can make mine do this too now. Stop using foot brake, DSG into park, handbrake on. Engine stays shut down when you release foot brake BUT only when the van is pointing uphill OR you've reversed and then come to a halt. Engine restarts when you press the footbrake. Bizarre.

Reactions: mmi
Back