Stop start - when does it become active

PJfamilyguy

T6 Pro
just curious as I’ve only had the van a few weeks and the dealer is sending me the manuals !!

I noticed today that the stop start did not active for 40mins plus, I did notice after 15mins or so the dash board light flashed up the stop start icon when I stopped and was in neutral to imply I had disabled it but hadn’t.

It there a time/voltage criteria for when this feature is properly activated ? Like I say it did eventually work I came home and then popped out 20mins later and it was not working(but flashing up the dashboard icon)

Thanks
Paul

I think its to do with engine temp, and also if you have your foot on any of the pedals it wont stop, that was very brief but im sure someone else will have some input.

just found this

"I know why my idle speed is high and the stop start doesn't stop and start! The aircon is kicking in because the ventilation was set to windscreen.....this, in certain circumstances, causes the aircon to kick in. Just to really make life interesting, the aircon light stays off! Who knew?????? "

in thread

Dodgy stop start and tickover!

will test but makes alot of sense.

Engine not up to temp.
Battery not yet charged following starting engine.
Aircon is on.
Air temp is set below 20 degrees.
Foot still on clutch.
In the middle of a regen.
I've found all these prevent the stop/start working.

Engine not up to temp.
Battery not yet charged following starting engine.
Aircon is.
Air temp is set below 20 degrees.
Foot still on clutch.
In the middle of a regen.
I've found all these prevent the stop/start working.

brilliant thanks

As we don’t use the van that often, I find it takes a long drive before it wants to work.
Had the same with our last car - where it had been sat at the dealers for weeks the auto stop-start didn’t work for about the first month.

Read this...

Attachments

• no-start-stop.pdf
    76.6 KB · Views: 191
Reactions: mmi
Thanks for that @Loz - I wasn't aware of the trailer one even though I've driven with a trailer a few times (probably I'm just so used to it not kicking in for all of the other reasons I just mentally ignored it lol).

Thanks @Loz for the document.

Citation of the document:
The engine is automatically switched off if the following conditions apply:
... The defrost function of the windscreen is deactivated and the outside temperature is over 3ºC...

In the following situations the engine starts automatically without driver involvement (without pressing the clutch pedal):
...The outside temperature is below 3ºC...

From the above I came to conclusion that StopStart should not stop the engine when outside temperature is below +3C. Or did I miss something?
I selected the cases above because for me they are very simple and easy to verify ;). Even though it has been pretty cold - it hasn't been cold enough o_O for StopStart not to keep switching engine off :confused:!

Back