High Beam Assist Help From Someone Who Has It - Mirror Part No' & Vcds Scan Req'd

Spookybear

Sold up
T6 Pro
Hey gang,

I want to fit HBA to my Six. Is there anyone out there who has it & wouldnt mind taking a pic of the bottom of the mirror to show me the part number so I can try to track one down.

Also if you have VCDS, any chance of a full scan to see what the coding is. I think I have figured out the changes but would be good just to verify.

If anyone has it & is local to York, I could meet up & do my own VCDS scan if you dont have access to it.

Cheers, Shane

Click on the HBA tag and you’ll see two other threads, where one has come coding within it.

Re: the other thread, @Adams might be able to give you the part number.

Click on the HBA tag and you’ll see two other threads, where one has come coding within it.

Re: the other thread, @Adams might be able to give you the part number.

Cheers fella, I did search HBA, not sure how I missed @Loz post with the coding. Now I wonder if he would be the gentleman & get me the part number from the bottom of his mirror lol

7E0 857 511 F 9B9 - from a LHD van but assuming it's the same for RHD - just two bits of coding seems to define that.
Not sure what the 9B9 stands for. Also has engraving 905-4802 which is the product code of actual manufacturer (Gentex). And of course serial# and date of manufacture (dd-mm-yy)

Cheers mister,

Yeah, that looks the fella, thought I'd struck gold, first one I found was like £66, but upon looking had no electronics lol.

Weirdly someone else on here did a HBA retro onto his t5.1 & the pic shows the light sensor on the drivers side, mine is on the passenger side so further from the windscreen, maybe has something to do with why my auto lights are so keen?

5557F2F6-A01A-464D-9E69-BF7F4F039ABC.jpg

Reactions: mmi
Just ordered one from Poland, lets hope it gets here undamaged.

FYI

T6 Lowline with plastic surround = 7E0857511F
T6 Highline with frameless surround = 7EO857511G

Reactions: mmi
Back