High Beam Assistant Retrofit Coding Help?

Does it have "separate round dials for coolant temp and fuel level" as per Mmi's post?

Mine is not the one in the link above. It has 2 small dials (coolant and fuel) one in each of the big dials, small needles centred directly below the main dials.

Edit: Mine looks like this (not my pic but the dials look the same)Screenshot 2019-09-18 at 22.22.01.png :

Last edited:
Mine is not the one in the link above. It has 2 small dials (coolant and fuel) one in each of the big dials, small needles centred directly below the main dials.

Edit: Mine looks like this (not my pic but the dials look the same)View attachment 51026 :

That one should be OK looking around the other forums. I'll let you know how mine gets on when this darn mirror arrives

Ok @lalle

Can you tell me exactly where you have picked your Can connections from, I have tried the back of the BCM & also the parking sensor module. I'm guessing you dont have any errors in the gateway?

Issue I have is I have enabled in the Can Gateway fine, the FLA is seen in the list, I can gain access to it, change settings, reverse signal works to bring the dimming level back up but when I go back into the gateway it shows an error saying it cant be seen. Under FLA 20 I can see the signals change, reverse/low beam etc

2019-09-19 12.33.24.jpg 2019-09-19 12.37.18.jpg

Looks like you are connected to incorrect CAN bus.

Looks like you are connected to incorrect CAN bus.

It does appear that way but I've now tried 3 different locations, on the orange/brown & orange/black. Bizarre I can access it & change settings, see changes etc but the ruddy gateway can't

You got any other ideas of where to pick up on. I'm guessing I'm on the high speed can as the module needs a quick reaction time but I could be wrong.

It doesn’t matter where you pick it up from as long as it’s the correct canbus, one is powertrain can for engine/gearbox etc, the other is the convenience canbus for hvac/headlight levelling etc
The polarity needs to be correct but if you connect is backwards you will knockout the whole can circuit and will know about it

It doesn’t matter where you pick it up from as long as it’s the correct canbus, one is powertrain can for engine/gearbox etc, the other is the convenience canbus for hvac/headlight levelling etc
The polarity needs to be correct but if you connect is backwards you will knockout the whole can circuit and will know about it

Yes, but as I have comms with it I'd say the hi/lo is correct. Dont suppose you know the convenience Can colours off the top of your head?

Think I have it sussed but can't try till tonight. If anyone wants to throw anything into the mix before I play later, feel free :)

I'll let ya'll know

From memory I think convenience is orange/brown and orange/black and I think powertrain is orange/green

What headlamps do you have, LED or halogen?

LED.

I was following these steps:

Code as follows;
19: CAN Gateway - Installation List - Enable address 20: High Beam Assist

09: Central Electronics - Coding, long coding helper - Byte 2 - Change to 1D (Take note of your original coding just incase...)
09: Central Electronics - Adaptations, search for "fernlicht" in the search box - "Menuesteuerung Fernlichtassistent" - Change to PRESENT (Menu control High beam assistant)
09: Central Electronics - Adaptations, search for "fernlicht" in the search box - "Menuesteuerung Fernlichtassistent Werkseinstellung" - Change to PRESENT (Menu control High beam assistant Factory setting)
09: Central Electronics - Adaptations, search for "fernlicht" in the search box - "Fernlichtassistent Reset" - Change to NOT ACTIVE (this will 'remember' your HBA setting on the DIS upon cycling the ignition.. Handy...) (High beam assistant reset)

20: High Beam Assist - Coding, long coding helper - byte 0 - Change to 01 for HALOGENS, 04 for LED, and 02 for XENON
20: High Beam assist – coding Activation speed for high beam assistant (default 58kph)
20: Speed threshold for high beam recommendation off (default 28kph)

[/USER]

I managed :
19: CAN Gateway - Installation List - Enable address 20: High Beam Assist

09: Central Electronics - Coding, long coding helper - Byte 2 - Change to 1D

But then on the next step I couldnt find the search box in Adaptations. or any mention of fernlicht or anything else in German.

Back