H & R Springs

andrew butler

T6 Pro
So got h&r 40 mm springs on my caravelle and like the looks and ride height but find them too crashy especially after having a hire caravelle this week which has the same 18 inch wheels but stock ride height....

So not sure do i go stock springs or maybe 30mm dealer ones....?

advice opinions welcome

So got h&r 40 mm springs on my caravelle and like the looks and ride height but find them too crashy especially after having a hire caravelle this week which has the same 18 inch wheels but stock ride height....

So not sure do i go stock springs or maybe 30mm dealer ones....?

advice opinions welcome

I had the 30mm VW springs with 19" wheels, running 40 and 45 profiles, and mine drove really nice.

I actually got to drive @CALLAKN standard T6 a few weeks ago because I'd never driven one in standard form, and I'm sure he won't mind me saying this, it drove awful compared to my current B14's and my original 30mm springs.

This was quite reassuring because I think my B14s are not the greatest ride, but far better than stock.

The 30mm springs will be a firmer and a less forgiving ride. Go for the B14’s and run at full height. Ride is superb on 18’s

@BognorMotors Out of interest, what are the most compliant lowering springs then? For a t30 kombi if it makes a difference! Apologies for the slight thread hijack but I would have thought the eibachs would be better than the h&rs hence the question!

Hi
I have had -40mm h+r springs on my van for over 2 years.
The ride is a lot firmer and less bouncy than the standard springs and handles better .
It is a bit harsh over bumps sometimes but doesn’t bother me , mrs or kids.
Small price to pay I think for better handling and looks.
Also running on 20” s with 275/40 tyres

H and R are smoother IMHO. If you can stretch just go B14’s
I'll go b14s and arbs eventually but it'll have to wait due to funds, hence the temporary setup :D

Thanks Jason also, good feedback! I'll check them out!

Better than stock ride, by a long mile - Less wallowing, lighter steering, and deals with all the imperfections better.

I'd second that, I put B14s and H&R anti roll bar on my old T5 t30 kombi with 20s, and it transformed the ride, night and day.

D6C2666C-1F7B-4CAB-9C9D-889E86EE6889.jpeg Hi everyone,
I’m very new to my T6 as I have only had it a couple of months. I’m a wheelchair user and it’s a standard van that I have got it through Motability. So it is as standard as possible!
I’m finding the ride very “bouncy” and both my wife and I are feeling quite sick after journeys that involve country lanes or for that matter even just ordinary roads.
I’ve always been used to cars with firm suspension and a more “sporty set up“ with a firm ride and I realise there is ((might be??)) a difference with a van this just seems to wallow around an awful lot.
From the photograph you can see it’s the standard ride height and to me it just looks like it’s standing very high?
My budget is quite limited but would lowering help it help?? It looks like it would?
I’m finding this thread confusing, as I’m new to how to deal with a vans suspension compared to setting up a car to handle really welL
I would love to go to 18” inch, staggered, wheels as well but not sure if my budget could run to it. Although I do wonder if this would alter the ride as well and help?
Certainly from my experience with my last E class Mercedes estate which was set up on 18” inch staggered wheels with the sports suspension it was an amazing drive for an estate.
Any and all advice really really appreciated!!!
Many thanks,
David

Back