Hello!

I ordered new Volkswagen Transporter 110kw DSG. And I planned to order H&R coilovers, but I hit the question that there are two different kind of transporters with different mounting strut at the front.

How I know which fit to me?

Thanks you and regards from Finland

It’s based on vehicle weight
T26/T28/T30 use the normal suspension and the T32 only use a heavier duty suspension that looks virtually identical but has an extra lower fixing on the front shock

How I can see that? From the picture which one is to T32?
Dude look at your v5 or registration certificate. The model should have it listed. Ie. Transporter T30 H-LN TDI BMT. Also your revenue weight or maximum gross weight. T30 is 3000KG.
A weight plate on the van will also say the maximum weight it can take.
What model did you order?
It's worth learning this as it will effect what weight you can carry, the load rating required on your wheels and tyres.

How I can see that? From the picture which one is to T32?
In Finland Panel Van is T30 = 3000kg unless you specifically request for a T32. That should be then printed clearly as model "Transporter ....3200kg" on your paperwork from the dealer.

Left side is T26 T28 T30
Right side is T32
If you turn your wheel full lock you should be able to see what you have, on the lower weight versions the shock slides into the mounting

In Finland Panel Van is T30 = 3000kg unless you specifically request for a T32. That should be then printed clearly as model "Transporter ....3200kg" on your paperwork from the dealer.
I see that it’s getting milder temperature wise.....it was -29c when my wife and I were there a couple of weeks back. It was so cold that whilst mushing I had ice build up on the outside of my inner thermal boot and on the inside of the rubber outer!!!

Reactions: mmi
Been offered a set of H&R Coilovers (the standard ones, not the ultra low).

Am running sportline springs with 20" rims at the moment however the ride is pretty crashy.

What's the ride like on H&R's?

Cheers

Looking to buy a set of coilovers . Had b14s in the past but looking at the h&r monotube coilover kit . Can anyone tell me how they are please.

Looking to buy a set of coilovers . Had b14s in the past but looking at the h&r monotube coilover kit . Can anyone tell me how they are please.
have a chat with @CRS Performance , he offers a gorgeous coil over kit that uses the H&R shock bodies and springs with Koni dual tube shock internals so more comfortable than mono tube. They are even damping rate adjustable. There are a few members on here who have had them fitted and the feedback has always been excellent.

I have the HR & Koni coilover kit supplied by Steve @crsperformance.
Fitted them in April and just done a 1600 mile round trip from Aberdeen to Southend and all about in-between....they were faultless and very comfy. At motorway speeds you would believe your were in a well poised car.
I'd buy them again without a 2nd thought.
And the ride height at 75mm is imo perfect!
MVIMG_20200801_183612.jpg

I have the HR & Koni coilover kit supplied by Steve @crsperformance.
Fitted them in April and just done a 1600 mile round trip from Aberdeen to Southend and all about in-between....they were faultless and very comfy. At motorway speeds you would believe your were in a well poised car.
I'd buy them again without a 2nd thought.
And the ride height at 75mm is imo perfect!
View attachment 81555

is the ride height adjustable with this set up?

is the ride height adjustable with this set up?
The ride height is adjustable from 50mm to 80mm. They are also damping adjustable. The damping of the rears need adjusted off the van but the fronts can be done whilst mounted.
I'm fully down at the back and still have about 20mm of thread showing on my front shocks.
The front shock is also a proper coilover body. The body is threaded and not an add on sleeve and it's stainless steel. Help to stop the dreaded rust.

Back