Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Additional rear single seat(s)

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • Additional 2 seat rear bench

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Additional 3 seat rear bench

Votes: 1 2.3%

• Total voters
OK guys, so I've spoke to SEAT and you can indeed get the foams/headrests so this could be a possibility. It looks like we have a fair few interested in the upgrade and also the standard trim so I'm going to take the time to price this up.

I feel like we need more polls and threads to sort this all out. So I've got prices from SEAT and I've priced everyhing up into a package price just for the foams. This price doesn't include the trimming work.

So for a Driver and Passenger Foam, 2 x Headrests and 1 x cover (which I will need for patterning purpouses, I've divided the one price by 5 so the more interested the cheaper it gets) comes to £581.38 inc VAT

I can edit the Poll for you if post all the options

I think we might have to change it to..

1. Standard Captain Seats
  2. Captain seats w/ RECARO upgrade.
What do you think?
  2. 1 Captain seat with double passenger
  3. Captain seats w/ RECARO upgrade.
  4. additional rear single seat(s)
  5. additional 2 seat rear bench
  6. additional 3 seat rear bench
I assume you are planning to do matching rears?

2. 1 Captain seat with double passenger
  3. Captain seats w/ RECARO upgrade.
  4. additional rear single seat(s)
  5. additional 2 seat rear bench
  6. additional 3 seat rear bench
I assume you are planning to do matching rears?

I can't really make the GB work with too many options. I think the best way around this issue is to keep this GB as front seats only and anything else, so the rears, in this case, would be an additional extra. There are too many variations regarding rear setups which will affect the cost.

Well at least you will have a show of hands

You have already made it hard for yourself be giving options on the sytle.

Personally I would need matching rears so if the fronts on a GB are good value the rears won’t be too bad.

The way I am reading this with the group buy offer being made is that everyone would have to have exactly the same design/ finish in order to balance the cost? Is that correct @Steve@EDGEAutomotive?

I read it differently, Steve posted up a cost just for the Recaro so if more than 5 people select that design the price would come down.

So for a Driver and Passenger Foam, 2 x Headrests and 1 x cover (which I will need for patterning purpouses, I've divided the one price by 5 so the more interested the cheaper it gets) comes to £581.38 inc VAT

This was always going to be a logical headache when it's not a straight forward exactly the same for everyone deal.

I commend you for your efforts though Steve. :thumbsup:

I used to do a group buy on the Clio 197 forum, the options consisted of front seats or front and rear seats. The design choice wasn't really an issue with the material choice being leather (from a selected range) and Alcantara or a mixture of the two.

Perhaps you should do seperate group buys? One for front or front and rear seats,same as the one on your clio 197 forum and then a seperate one for the recaro upgrade. It looks as though there is probably enough interest in both options?

Perhaps you should do seperate group buys? One for front or front and rear seats,same as the one on your clio 197 forum and then a seperate one for the recaro upgrade. It looks as though there is probably enough interest in both options?

I think this is the best idea, either that or supply VIP members with a discount on all their trimming needs? That way they can have what they want but also still benifit from a saving.

Back