fuel economy

I just filled up tonight.......last tankful 40.6mpg (the fantasy display read 47!!!) on my manual calculation. Zeroed the Multi Fantasy Display and on the 15 miles from petrol station to home, managed 52.6! Got home and almost poured my diesel additive into the adblue tank.......got as far as unscrewing the cap on the tank.....total brain fart moment!!!!!!

Easy there @mopardave you was a bit exited there with you MPG and your make believe trip computer ( i think it needs calibrating mate ;))..nearly a big problem :eek:

I just filled up tonight.......last tankful 40.6mpg (the fantasy display read 47!!!) on my manual calculation. Zeroed the Multi Fantasy Display and on the 15 miles from petrol station to home, managed 52.6! Got home and almost poured my diesel additive into the adblue tank.......got as far as unscrewing the cap on the tank.....total brain fart moment!!!!!!
Not had top up adblue yet but have read it can be bad to put in wrong tank and can damage the paintwork

I have started using my front fogs along with dipped lights and we are now almost, ALMOST at an acceptable light output. Will look at upgrading fog/driving lamp bulbs next probably.
P.S, don't get anyone flashing me for having these on btw.
I have started doing this as well, it helps quite a bit, but better candles are definatley on the cards, and as you mentioned other drivers don’t seem to flash me for having them on either, in fact since I started doing this I’ve noticed other drivers doing the same thing, but I remember as a youngster I got stopped by the police for having my fogs on when the visibility was ok, so not sure on the legality with this !

Reactions: CRD
I have started doing this as well, it helps quite a bit, but better candles are definatley on the cards, and as you mentioned other drivers don’t seem to flash me for having them on either, in fact since I started doing this I’ve noticed other drivers doing the same thing, but I remember as a youngster I got stopped by the police for having my fogs on when the visibility was ok, so not sure on the legality with this !
I drive around with mine on, I don't think the police are bothered nowadays they have more to worry about

2nd full tank used. Again 28mpg.

:mad:

I'm not too bothered by fuel as my business pays for it but that's bad in comparison to the Euro 5 engine. Really bad.
Maybe cruise control uses more fuel than my attempts.
Hi, new forum member here,but owned various Transporters for years,currently got a 2016 trendline t30, 12k on the clock ,I do weekly runs half loaded from Exeter to Launceston cruise set to 70 and getting 38mpg every time.set cruise to 60 mph and getting 43 mpg ,not too bad for a 2 ton brick.

oh, and still the euro 5 engine apparently? I thought I had the euro 6 so when this came in I don't know,quite happy though :thumbsup:

oh, and still the euro 5 engine apparently? I thought I had the euro 6 so when this came in I don't know,quite happy though :thumbsup:

You couldn't register a Euro 5 LCV from 1st September 2016 so you generally find that 16 plate vans are Euro 5 and 66 plates are Euro 6 (expect the 82hp which I'm fairly sure has always been Euro 6 for the T6).

You couldn't register a Euro 5 LCV from 1st September 2016 so you generally find that 16 plate vans are Euro 5 and 66 plates are Euro 6 (expect the 82hp which I'm fairly sure has always been Euro 6 for the T6).
I think it’s the 102 that has always been Euro 6.

150 DSG Euro6, driving like a saint and getting 30mpg doing 18 miles each way daily.
Really peeing me off :mad:.

150 DSG Euro6, driving like a saint and getting 30mpg doing 18 miles each way daily.
Really peeing me off :mad:.

You'r not the only one !.
My vans identical to yours, and the fuel light comes on at 400 miles.

204 DSG here. 4,000 miles on the clock. I'm getting between 36 and 38 mpg calculated manually. Nearly all my driving is on the motorway and empty van.

At the moment, I'm showing 49.3mpg (mine always reads 7 to 8 mpg over) so approx. 42 in reality. I've found that it can vary a hell of a lot.....mine regens a lot and when it does, fuel consumption increases ferociously! I think maybe my style of driving (boringly steady) is resulting in lots of regens. Maybe not good for it in the long run?

If you're noticing a lot of regens then your journeys don't suit a modern diesel. Regens happen passively when your exhaust system gets up to temperature and you shouldn't notice anything as a driver. If your journeys don't allow your exhaust to get up to temperature and a restriction is detected within the DPF due to build up of soot, a forced regeneration is started which is when you notice symptoms such as higher idle speed, exhaust smell and increased fuel consumption.

Just done a 2 hour journey on motorway, stopped at petrol station and when I set off the yellow light was on haha

You'd think regardless of the amount of fuel, when it was at speed then it would burn the crap off but obviously not.

Back