fuel economy

I would like to fit an led indicator in one of my switch blanks that illuminates whilst a regen is taking place, at least then I'd know and let it finish.

If only I had the electrical expertise

I have 20” wheels on my T6 150bhp adblue Kombi, can that have a big impact on fuel economy? I am only getting 30mpg on long runs and late 20’s around town. VW have said there are no faults but it seems way too low. Any thoughts? Thanks

I have 20” wheels on my T6 150bhp adblue Kombi, can that have a big impact on fuel economy? I am only getting 30mpg on long runs and late 20’s around town. VW have said there are no faults but it seems way too low. Any thoughts? Thanks
That sounds shocking to me. My 204 Kombi (17" Devonports) has averaged a true 36-38mpg. I've done some long continental trips loaded and have found that the mpg drops as soon as you have the cruise set to 80mph. Not less that 34 though. If I have a reasonable run I can see close to 40mpg. I did Weymouth to Birmingham and clocked 40mpg for the return trip. I don't gun it every time I accelerate but occasionally have to surprise a few people..

Pretty much what I get. 29mpg over 25k miles.

I've never had a light on the dash either.
Lets us know how the DPF sensor thing goes.

OK, just got back from stealers yesterday, and today after 86miles its doing another Regen! so it didn't make a blind bit of difference... I wouldn't mind so much but it sounds bloody awful, next doors 35 year old tractor sounds so much sweeter!

I found my mpg drops in cold weather however Im getting mid to high 40’s on motorway - driving between 65-70 though ha

97A12E1E-E776-4347-A533-377B14BC5D09.jpeg

My new trick is to only put small amounts of fuel in to stop the regen however sometimes this happens after I then fill up

E9F1035C-9503-4433-A0A2-029113949116.jpeg

I found my mpg drops in cold weather however Im getting mid to high 40’s on motorway - driving between 65-70 though ha

Yea I used to get mid forty's, but for the last few thou its now only 29-31mpg, on a recent trip from Cornwall up to Nottingham we filled it to the brim, reset the trip and drove like miss daisy all the way just to see how much mpg we could get at steady 60 mph, did the next fill to the brim and the best we could get was 31.2 mpg... piss poor! I am sure this constant DPF Regen is drinking it!

I had no problem justifying poor mpg with cars that went like stink however im struggling justfying poor mpg for one that can carry a sofa lol

First post here, and i`ve been reading this thread with interest. I bought a second hand 204, with 17,000 miles on it, and chopped in an 2012 Vivaro, which had covered 100,000 miles, using noting more than pads, and oil services.
I found the 204 to be a lovely drive, and plenty of power, but very disappointing mpg.
I traveled back from Edinburgh to Hertfordshire Thursday night, leaving at midnight, full tank, and about 2/3 loaded. I set the cruise to 80, and hardly had to touch it the whole way home. Mpg on the computer showed 28, and I only just made it home on that tank.
The old Vivaro would have achieved over 40 mpg with the same load and speed.

First post here, and i`ve been reading this thread with interest. I bought a second hand 204, with 17,000 miles on it, and chopped in an 2012 Vivaro, which had covered 100,000 miles, using noting more than pads, and oil services.
I found the 204 to be a lovely drive, and plenty of power, but very disappointing mpg.
I traveled back from Edinburgh to Hertfordshire Thursday night, leaving at midnight, full tank, and about 2/3 loaded. I set the cruise to 80, and hardly had to touch it the whole way home. Mpg on the computer showed 28, and I only just made it home on that tank.
The old Vivaro would have achieved over 40 mpg with the same load and speed.

Its the single biggest black mark against the T6, in my opnion.
My 150 tdi DSG is superior in every way to my T5 174, ( remapped to over 200bhp ). But, my T5 was 3/4 loaded all the time and I hooned it everywhere, and it still managed 33mpg.
My 1.6 biturbo Vivaro is mapped to 160, is half loaded and driven enthusiastically, and gets a regular 39mpg, and yet my T6 is completely empty and driven like Miss Daisy and it just gets 30mpg.
Fortunate for me, the T6 doesn't do much work, but I'd be well hacked off if I'd have gone T6 for my main work vehicle as the mpg is a long way behind its competitors.

I agree with RussGT6 my ex AA t5 bought at Banwy Vans was a bloody awesome buy,140,00 on the clock when bought 300k when I sold it not a single problem with it in 8 years just a new battery and the usual cambelt/pump change ,2.5tdi 5 cylinder intercooler,would return 45mpg all day long superb!!oh and sold it for 3 grand more than I paid for it.:inlove:

Well, 2000 miles done in my new 204 dsg, lovely van, but fuel economy is dire :( Getting around 350 miles to a tank.
Trip 2 is indicating 27 mpg so probably worse in reality.

My old 140 was remapped to 180 by Pendle and I consistently got 34 mpg. The previous 130 again remapped to 170 returned a steady 32 mpg, both were manual transmission.

Even taking into account the DSG I was expecting similar or better fuel economy from the latest van,
Dissapointing really as the rest of the van is a big improvement.
Im in worst situation 25.5 26 the best but only 500 miles

I've been reading this thread with interest. I don't own a T6 yet but as soon as I sell my kombi I'll be buying a T6 Caravelle. My experience of MPG in transporters is this: My old 2004 2.5 130 TDI Caravelle would regularly get high 30's. After a Pendle remap I broke 40 a couple of times. I now have a 2008 2.5 130 TDI Kombi which I can get 34 MPG, on odd occasions. Last tank was 26 though and it's usually only 30! I've got 20s on this one so wouldnt expect anything like the Caravelle but also wouldn't expect such a huge difference. Also had a Revo remap on this which did not improve economy but made it drive much better.

It make me wonder if there is a notable difference between the van version and passenger carriers of the T6?

Set a new record today on way home from work helped by 60mph limit on M62, computer says 47mpg prob 44mpg based on there usually being 3mpg difference in reality.
204 velle 4motion one up, the replacement engine has done 1,000 miles and mpg is bettter than the original engine and the infamous DSG lag has gone....

Just bought a used (20,000 miles) startline T6 euro6 102hp. The trip computer likes to sit around 52mpg so far with a mix of motorway and country driving. Will do a proper test next time I fill her up.

Has anybody managed to drive the DSG in manual for long enough to get a MPG reading? My experience is you can get more miles to the gallon according to the MFD than simply leaving it in auto but have to really remember you are manually shifting so gets quite intensive.

An economy mode on the T6 DSG would be a useful feature, so that the box changes up earlier under light load. Surely a software adjustment linked to a switch. Probably use that more than sport mode to be honest. Now that I'm an old fart.

An economy mode on the T6 DSG would be a useful feature, so that the box changes up earlier under light load. Surely a software adjustment linked to a switch. Probably use that more than sport mode to be honest. Now that I'm an old fart.
Absolutely agree, it was one of my first comments after getting the van, it seems to hold on to low gears too long even when not accelerating. Saying that, my experience with my 2.5 130 T5 was high 20s and my T6 150 mid 30s so significant progress for me.

Set a new record today on way home from work helped by 60mph limit on M62, computer says 47mpg prob 44mpg based on there usually being 3mpg difference in reality.
204 velle 4motion one up, the replacement engine has done 1,000 miles and mpg is bettter than the original engine and the infamous DSG lag has gone....
250 miles today at measured 41 mpg doing 65-70 mph

Back