[T6_measured] Fickle fuel consumption on MFD – encore

Is the data showing approx 4% of fuel normally used for the journey is being consumed when performing a dpf regen?

Is the data showing approx 4% of fuel normally used for the journey is being consumed when performing a dpf regen?
For my driving profile here (30 km journeys) the DPF regens consume approx. 4.6% of total fuel used.

For a single 30 km journey when the engine is performing DPF regen the percentage number looks fairly striking. Without regen approx 2.1 litres diesel is needed for a journey (uphill). When the regen is done during the same journey uses approx. 3.0 litres of diesel. By numbers it would be an increase of 40% in fuel consumption :eek:.

This can be seen in picture 2 - red & orange dots (regen) versus blue & green dots (no regen).

If we further narrow down our scope into pure regen portion (20 km) it would be approx. 1.4 litres to move the vehicle and 0.9 litres on top of that to perform the regen.

For my driving profile here (30 km journeys) the DPF regens consume approx. 4.6% of total fuel used.

For a single 30 km journey when the engine is performing DPF regen the percentage number looks fairly striking. Without regen approx 2.1 litres diesel is needed for a journey (uphill). When the regen is done during the same journey uses approx. 3.0 litres of diesel is burned. By numbers it would be an increase of 40% in fuel consumption :eek:.

This can be seen in picture 2 - red & orange dots (regen) versus blue & green dots (no regen).

If we further narrow down our scope into pure regen portion (20 km) it would be approx. 1.4 litres to move the vehicle and 0.9 litres on top of that to perform the regen.
Oh my good giddy aunt! Does Greta know this?!!

Back