Forumfest 10-11-12-13 of September 2020.

Forumfest 10-11-12-13 of September 2020.
Posted by Pauly
Brook Meadow
Thursday, 10 September, 2020 - 12:00
Until: Sunday, 13 September, 2020 - 12:00
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Just for your Info ..and a bit of history and culture ( I know your all very cultured ) the gliding club up the road was formally
RAF Husbands Bosworth ..Flying many an aircraft including Wellingtons :waving:
The airfield also houses the East Midlands Air-support Unit. ( police ) :eek:

but no mention of any army camps ( so that’s good :laugh: )

Just for your Info ..and a bit of history and culture ( I know your all very cultured ) the gliding club up the road was formally

Oh go on then, I’ll bite, ha ha. That’s because all the surrounding accommodation was used for the room service staff for the RAF;):eek:

Yep.

Read over this thread, add your RSVP at the top.

PM @Tourershine with ur details to be added to the WhatsApp group.

Had BBQ banana with choc buttons instead :thumbsup:
The pizzas looked small and rubbish (sour grapes apparently dont go on pizza! :D)

The pizzas looked small and rubbish (sour grapes apparently dont go on pizza! :D)

My Grandparents are Italian, making me part Italian (hence the rugged good looks and thick head of hair) I've been to Italy several times and eaten proper Italian Pizza which is a far cry from the stodgy oil dripping, floppy rubbish we buy in this country, and that Pizza was almost as authentic as the proper Pizzas you get served in Italy.

This thread has reminded me, I've never mastered the pizza stone on my cadac. After a failed first outing where the pizza stuck and burnt its not been used since.

Can we add a cadac workshop to the weekends activities?
Just make sure it doesn't clash with @Deaky talk on his extensive beer glass collection.

@Deaky took on the responsibility of stopping @Pauly from either falling in the fire pit, or jumping over it in a fit of drunken bravado.
All was redeemed the following day when he deactivated my Stop/Start and became my new best friend/hero.

Yeah, I make my own pizza at home but despite fresh dough and fresh sauce, all homemade, my oven just isn't got enough, even with a really hot pizza stone, but always infinitely better than those oil soaked floppy ones dominoes etc try to flog us...

I thought there was a little Mediterranean blood in there somewhere @Tourershine ... :giggle:

I've worked in some of the original hangers where Wellingtons were built, always nice :thumbsup:

Whilst walking to the pub me and @Spaghetti we're talking about the airfield, if your boring (like me) and have a nosey on Google satellite maps you can see the entire area including the camp site was part of the RAF base, the long straight rode gave it away as a runway but you can see the other two main runways etched into the land which would have crossed it :geek:

Back