Forum Assistance Delivery Service

I'll be going from Oxford to Liverpool in the next week or two, i don't think I'll get as far up as Glasgow though

An alternative to big boxes could be how mine were delivered: large cardboard discs protecting the front and rear of the wheel (they had tyres on) and then copious wraps of that packing “cling film”.

Who delivered yours? Cheers

I saw that the APC overnight was carrying clingfilm wrapped wheels and tyres this week. I asked him and he says they deliver loads of them.

I think with APC it very much depends on the driver and what side of the bed they get out of.

I sold a set recently via eBay with no tyres. The buyer arranged the courier APC. I faced them with cardboard and lashings of tape.
Individually labelled and awaited the driver.

He took one look and refused to take them. It went down as a missed collection and the buyer lost his hard earned cash.

The driver insisted that no visible part of the wheels we're allowed, as if they got damaged it would be on his shoulders.

The buyer ended up driving to collect them in the end. He refurbs wheels for a living and said how they were wrapped was quite normal and never a problem previously.

I've had dealings with the same driver previously with dropping items in a safe place.
Bit of an idiot unfortunately.

I am going from Poole to Huddersfield on Monday morning and back on Friday afternoon I could divert to Cheltenham (about 30 mins out my way= 1 box of Peroni) if that helps and obviously time permitting. I will be doing this for the the next 10 weeks, so will defiantly be able to do it 1 off the weeks, just can not guarantee which week.

As T6 forum users are such a friendly bunch i thought i'd be cheeky and ask the question......is anyone near exeter and would they be travelling north within the next week? I have some T6 parts that i am trying to get from exeter to west yorkshire without any damage. I know things are tricky with lockdown at the moment though. Can any recommend any couriers that they have used in the past ?

Hello all, I'm hoping for someone's help who lives in the Taunton area.
I've bought a cab head liner from a chap on ebay but he is unwilling to post it to me (175 miles away in Sheffield).

Obviously during these travel limitations and just the distance in general I'm unable to go and collect. It was the only one I could find for a highline that comes with the plastic housing for interior light and storage tray.

My question is, would anyone local to Taunton be willing to collect, package and post it to me? It goes without saying it would be completely at my cost for the postage, packing materials and your travel/time fee! Obviously I will assume all responsibilities for it if anything was to happen during its delivery.
I'm not in a desperate rush for it but now it's paid for I think its only right to get it out of the sellers way. He has said he's happy to hold onto it during lockdown so all is OK in that regard.

I hope I don't sound cheeky asking for help with this. If no-one can help I will have to find another excuse to make the trip worth while which means more spending on the Van.

If you can help please let know.

Have you tried the forum assistance delivery service thread?

@Gazbadge - I may be heading that way after lockdown at some point if you aren't in a desperate rush to get hold of the cab head liner. Also will probably be by car - how bulky is the head liner?

Hello all, I'm hoping for someone's help who lives in the Taunton area.
I've bought a cab head liner from a chap on ebay but he is unwilling to post it to me (175 miles away in Sheffield).

Obviously during these travel limitations and just the distance in general I'm unable to go and collect. It was the only one I could find for a highline that comes with the plastic housing for interior light and storage tray.

My question is, would anyone local to Taunton be willing to collect, package and post it to me? It goes without saying it would be completely at my cost for the postage, packing materials and your travel/time fee! Obviously I will assume all responsibilities for it if anything was to happen during its delivery.
I'm not in a desperate rush for it but now it's paid for I think its only right to get it out of the sellers way. He has said he's happy to hold onto it during lockdown so all is OK in that regard.

I hope I don't sound cheeky asking for help with this. If no-one can help I will have to find another excuse to make the trip worth while which means more spending on the Van.

If you can help please let know.
I might be able to help, thanks for the heads up @Ads_Essex because I missed this one.

I can’t drive it up to you, but I may be able to help with packing it for shipping. I can understand the sellers reluctance as they are a large and fairly fragile thing. To package it well enough to avoid damage at the hands of the careless couriers could be tricky.

PM me and we’ll discuss it further there.

Thanks, didn't even realise there was one. I've nanaged to get a courier for £67, fingers crossed everything arrives in one piece

@Sib @ChrisR thank you both very much for offering to help me out. Chris if your happy to collect and post it to me I think that would be the safest bet given the lock down. If for any reason you can't get, I'd be delighted Sib if it's not out of your way after lock down (if it ever ends) for you to get it and I'll meet up with you up this end. As mentioned, the costs and responsibilities are all mine.
Chris I will PM you and let you know the details of where it would need collecting from.

If I can ever help either of you or anyone else for that matter I'd be much obliged.

Thanks again.

Back