Hi. I was wondering what product people are using to put under the ply floor? Something that has some insulating properties and sound deadening but also is not too thick! What are peoples thoughts? I've spoken to Sound deadening shop and they have recommended this...
Dodo Pro Van Floor SWB Pack

just seems a little pricey...
I'd just use silent coat if it was me, only a couple of mm thick and really quietens it down

Careful with the floor height... I'd say you wouldn't want to go any thicker and I did.. I had to shave height off my units to gett them to fit etc.

Glad the build thread was handy..

Oh right. I may just use silent coat in the gaps after putting ply battens down and then maybe some old carpet or something similar on top of that. Glue or screw to the batten?

Totally agree with what Skyliner said about the gold Insulation. This is what we ended up with before laying the floor.

20190603_160620.jpg

It's pretty quiet back there but it does cause issues laying the floor if left on top of the batons.

Anyone know if it’s possible to soundproof under floor when there are Reimo Variotech power rails bonded in to the van?
I would like to get that system but am wondering if it’s OK to put soundproofing in the gaps.

Anyone know if it’s possible to soundproof under floor when there are Reimo Variotech power rails bonded in to the van?
I would like to get that system but am wondering if it’s OK to put soundproofing in the gaps.
I would imagine that after the variotech system is bonded in - its plate bonded if i recall - then you would put silent coat and insulation around it before the next stage...

5D9782D6-7612-453D-B281-02ADCDADCB02.jpeg View attachment 48513

Here’s a photo of what what used on my California bed system when converting, looks like the insulation is only in the gaps. The floor is cold in winter.

Thanks chaps, there is no information that I can find on the construction of the Reimo power rail system. I am keen on Variotech 3000 seats with bonded rails and know that they have to be fitted by qualified fitters.
Be good to know what sound deadening and insulation I can squeeze in there though.

Thanks chaps, there is no information that I can find on the construction of the Reimo power rail system. I am keen on Variotech 3000 seats with bonded rails and know that they have to be fitted by qualified fitters.
Be good to know what sound deadening and insulation I can squeeze in there though.
I am currently considering CMC for the roof and variotech floor/rail system...

VW Campervan Conversions, Reimo Campervan Conversions, Kent Campervans, Volkswagen Reimo Motorhome

We have a CMC fitted Variotech. It’s excellent but I don’t think there’s any real insulation under there. I don’t know whether it’s possible to get any under there.
Have spoken to them and i think it was something that Sam was considering adding as an option...

How is the noise level on the motorway?

Have spoken to them and i think it was something that Sam was considering adding as an option...

How is the noise level on the motorway?

Noise level seems ok, but I’ve nothing much to compare to. It’s fair to say that insulation in general is one of the weaker parts of CMC conversions though, they just use a single thin layer of foam rattling around in the main cavities.

We have a CMC fitted Variotech. It’s excellent but I don’t think there’s any real insulation under there. I don’t know whether it’s possible to get any under there.
Hi, I am thinking of having the Reimo Rail fitted for the variotech, I have the new rails and looking at the Reimo website it says you need the x term isolate 18mm, which only leaves 9mm for the ply and 2 mmm for a fly covering.
do you have any photos please? Regards Paul

Can I jump in and ask where you finished up with this? I have exactly the same problem I have 9mm base ply sikaflexed / sound deadenning betweeen the battens / Gold insulation over the top then 12mm ply to lay. (plus alto floor covering)

The number don't add up so I'm thinking of spacing the van step with timber then hiding it somehow. Would rather buy a combi step but don't want to spend £50 to find it does not work. cheers ???

Can I jump in and ask where you finished up with this? I have exactly the same problem I have 9mm base ply sikaflexed / sound deadenning betweeen the battens / Gold insulation over the top then 12mm ply to lay. (plus alto floor covering)

The number don't add up so I'm thinking of spacing the van step with timber then hiding it somehow. Would rather buy a combi step but don't want to spend £50 to find it does not work. cheers ???
Hi I haven’t sorted it as yet, I’ll let you know when completed.

Back