Flashing Coolant Light

Unbelievable !!!! As Davey B says, I'd have been fuming if they'd told me to come collect it, and then said it's not ready when I arrived there !!!!!! :mad:
Got mine back from dealers on Thursday morning, apparently the EGR has been replaced (although to me visually it seems it hasn't!) there's a pipe going from the unit to the cylinder block which is defo brand new, and a small black vacuum hose has been replaced..............but either way fingers crossed it rectifies the problem. I'm off to Cornwall next week for 10 days with dogs & family, I don't fancy having issues with it while I'm down there !! Time will tell.......

Hi,

have the same problem with my T6 2.0tdi 4m dsg. Any updates on yours?
Cheers
Hi, just seen your reply now!
They replaced the charge air cooler. Been ok since Xmas eve. I’m still nervous though as I heard some horror stories about head gaskets.
What year is yours?

It’s a 66 plate with 61k on the clock. I was trying to get to the bottom of what the problem was with the cylinder head but it was a bit like trying to pick up an eel.

The next instalment.
3 weeks today the van went in.. Today, they still can't get the van started.. So they've ordered injectors, which will arrive on Wednesday.
I'm dumbstruck, I can't quite get my head round how in this day and age of electronics diagnostics tools, how the van can have sat for 120 or so potential working hours in the workshop and they can't get the thing started?

I would go old school and ignore chasing recorded faults left, right and centre and say that it is water in the cylinders ( from where who knows) - the new cylinder head hasn't cured the original fault where it was becoming difficult to start. This was the area that was worked on that I can see in the posts.

I would go old school and ignore chasing recorded faults left, right and centre and say that it is water in the cylinders ( from where who knows) - the new cylinder head hasn't cured the original fault where it was becoming difficult to start. This was the area that was worked on that I can see in the posts.
Yep, the difficulty starting was only just noticeable and would always start originally. This is just madness, hours and hours and they tell me they've managed to get it running on one cylinder! My thoughts were now that they've obviously damaged something in the head swap, perhaps knocked all the injectors off the bench?:rofl:

So, one month to the day I finally got the call that the van was ready.
Final toll, new cylinder head, new glow plugs and all new injectors? No real explanation as to what happened and luckily zero bill.
I guess looking back, my gripes were more aimed towards the vague nature of the explanations of what happened, or what could have been done to prevent it?
I did a 300 mile trip today and all seems good. Any change I will update..

So, one month to the day I finally got the call that the van was ready.
Final toll, new cylinder head, new glow plugs and all new injectors? No real explanation as to what happened and luckily zero bill.
I guess looking back, my gripes were more aimed towards the vague nature of the explanations of what happened, or what could have been done to prevent it?
I did a 300 mile trip today and all seems good. Any change I will update..
Pleased you got there in the end. Did they say why they had to change the full head? Hopefully that will be the end of it

Pleased you got there in the end. Did they say why they had to change the full head? Hopefully that will be the end of it
I pressed and pryed but they couldn’t give an explanation. Possibly a hairline crack in the head caused by overheating? Which hasn’t happened. Guessing there may have been a flaw in the original head and the injectors must all have been damaged in the swap over?

It ain’t over...
After 1000 miles a strange kazoo type noise from under the bonnet, flashing glow plug light and loss of power. Called the AA and it’s being recovered back to the dealer. The diagnosis said
“Patrol found the following fault code/s:System : Engine control 1 - VEL / EDC Delphi DCM 6.2 UDS Status :p029900 - Boost pressure control. Error Message : Below control limit. Sporadic fault.We have arranged for a recovery of your vehicle.”

Balls.

It ain’t over...
After 1000 miles a strange kazoo type noise from under the bonnet, flashing glow plug light and loss of power. Called the AA and it’s being recovered back to the dealer. The diagnosis said
“Patrol found the following fault code/s:System : Engine control 1 - VEL / EDC Delphi DCM 6.2 UDS Status :p029900 - Boost pressure control. Error Message : Below control limit. Sporadic fault.We have arranged for a recovery of your vehicle.”

Balls.

News back from the dealer was that it needs a new turbo..
Price £2700 or thereabouts. They’ve offered to pay half..
I’ve thus far refused the offer as I feel that as they managed to break all 4 injectors the last time they had the engine apart breaking the turbo must be connected?
I’ve spoken to VW customer care who are looking into it and will get back to me after 6 days as they’re so busy. Am I unreasonable in my thoughts or actions?

News back from the dealer was that it needs a new turbo..
Price £2700 or thereabouts. They’ve offered to pay half..
I’ve thus far refused the offer as I feel that as they managed to break all 4 injectors the last time they had the engine apart breaking the turbo must be connected?
I’ve spoken to VW customer care who are looking into it and will get back to me after 6 days as they’re so busy. Am I unreasonable in my thoughts or actions?
I would be taking the same stance as you, wait for VW to get back to you and go from there

Is this the coolant light? As mine just came on.. normal coolant I presume?

View attachment 96121
No! That is a warning that you need to top up your AdBlue tank. Have a look in the manual for more info. Now you’re down to that level it will need filling with AdBlue fairly quickly, if that warning gets down to zero it will prevent the van from starting.

Ah... can’t remember seeing that last time it’s was due a fill..

thanks I’ll pay more attention next time

Back