Guzzling coolant

tomf90

Had my EGR valve replaced under warranty about 6 weeks ago, went away for a month with work, came back to empty coolant reservoir. Mrs has been driving it whilst I've been away... (scratches and a dent have now appeared also =( but that's for anither thread!)

I've subsequently filled it up twice over the last week (only done 100-200 miles) but I can't see it coming from anywhere to suggest a leak...

Any ideas? TIA

150 T6 Shuttle DSG 66 plate

Definitely not good, system pressure test needed in a quiet area to isolate the leak. Though wouldn't be surprised if it was the EGR

We have a similar van in at work.

Coolant loss from the egr valve, gone away and had to top up a couple of times..
Carried out a pressure test over the weekend, to find the charge cooler leaking too.

Does anybody know what the maximum operating pressure of the cooling systems are?
It’s one thing to apply a proof test (working pressure) but an over pressure test may induce leaks, especially in plastic and rolled flanged components.

After replacing my EGR i made a pressure test with 1 bar. It initially dropped and had to repressurise about 3 or 4 times then it held pressure overnight.

If it drops initially don't panic!

Had my EGR valve replaced under warranty about 6 weeks ago, went away for a month with work, came back to empty coolant reservoir. Mrs has been driving it whilst I've been away... (scratches and a dent have now appeared also =( but that's for anither thread!)

I've subsequently filled it up twice over the last week (only done 100-200 miles) but I can't see it coming from anywhere to suggest a leak...

Any ideas? TIA

150 T6 Shuttle DSG 66 plate
Hi, having the same problems, what was the issue with yours in the end, thanks

Hi, having the same problems, what was the issue with yours in the end, thanks
No idea, I've done a pressure test which was fine so supposing I did it correct should mean no leaks, I did a engine gases test on the coolant and that was fine so head gasket should be fine. Having looked.online it says it can hold 8 litres so reckon the garage only put in a litre to get it to min and when the car was run it needed more 7 more

Back