Flashing Coolant Light

Hi,

have the same problem with my T6 2.0tdi 4m dsg. Any updates on yours?
Cheers
So,
They said that they couldn’t find any problems with it..
So they’ve said to drive it and see what happens. They topped the expansion tank brim full when I left the dealers, I’ve done done 1000 miles and it is below low level and the alarm has come on again.
Sluggish to start and if I leave it a couple of days it won’t start until a few turns of the key. Like either the battery is low or the bores are hydraulically locked.
It’s booked in again on Monday the 6th for further inspection. The AA man who first recovered me says he knows of two of their vans had similar problems which resulted in one having a new engine and the other having a head gasket job.
The dealer originally said that as it had had full dealer servicing there would be some goodwill shown for the potential work needed..

So,
They said that they couldn’t find any problems with it..
So they’ve said to drive it and see what happens. They topped the expansion tank brim full when I left the dealers, I’ve done done 1000 miles and it is below low level and the alarm has come on again.
Sluggish to start and if I leave it a couple of days it won’t start until a few turns of the key. Like either the battery is low or the bores are hydraulically locked.
It’s booked in again on Monday the 6th for further inspection. The AA man who first recovered me says he knows of two of their vans had similar problems which resulted in one having a new engine and the other having a head gasket job.
The dealer originally said that as it had had full dealer servicing there would be some goodwill shown for the potential work needed..

Thanks so much for the update.
Mine has a high milage tho, 235.000km, but services is done after the book.

This weekend I’ve «mapped» the ECU with DPF and EGR delete, and cleaned the DPF. Hoped that maybe fixed the problem, but no.No performance loss when the light came on.

Tho, I have never had problems with starting it....

Please keep me updated on what’s happening on yours :)

This weekend I’ve «mapped» the ECU with DPF and EGR delete, and cleaned the DPF. Hoped that maybe fixed the problem, but no.No performance loss when the light came on.

The dealer mentioned that he didn’t think there was a problem and if there was there would be starting issues... idea being that the pressurised coolant would slowly after a day or two would find it’s way into the bores and cause hydraulic lock. It’s been a little rough at starting for a year or so. I have a feeling this has been happening for a while. There has nearly always been mayo in the oil filler cap and a little steam. Dealers have always said this is normal..

The egr value leaks water into the exhaust this causes the rough starting and water loss mine got so bad it jammed it from turning over assist came out and found issue dealer had no clue changed the wrong part first time drove 4 miles lost all water
there is a recall on them mine was done at 45k now on 100k in 16 months
It will get worst as miles go on I do approx 2k a week so issue

The egr value leaks water into the exhaust this causes the rough starting and water loss mine got so bad it jammed it from turning over assist came out and found issue dealer had no clue changed the wrong part first time drove 4 miles lost all water
there is a recall on them mine was done at 45k now on 100k in 16 months
It will get worst as miles go on I do approx 2k a week so issue
So are you saying it’s the egr valve that needs changing? My AA man said head gasket or new engine
The EGR valve was changed 8,000 miles back?
It’s in the garage now. 3 days and no news. I have a decent spec 150ps auto kombi as a courtesy van which was a surprise. I thought it would be a bottom of the range caddy.

It cured mine and don’t overfill bottle also between the lines and all ok 60k later
They replaced the inter cooler on mine also no idea why

It cured mine and don’t overfill bottle also between the lines and all ok 60k later
They replaced the inter cooler on mine also no idea why
Damn, when I dropped the van in last time they returned it to me with the coolant brim full!
In these cases of seeming inactivity from a dealer is there a higher force to consult?

So, I got a phone call from the dealer. In a nutshell, they've had the van on pressure test over night. (like they did the last time I took it in)
But this time they have discovered that there is a problem with the cylinder head and it needs replacing..
VW have offered to pay for 70% of the cost, and Heritage Dorchester have offered to pick up the remaining 30%. Predicted time frame possibly is end of next week.
So overall a result but I'd really like to know the why's and wherefores. Have I just been unlucky or is a recurring problem with a manual 204? I think I'm right in saying the manual 204 was dropped quite quickly?

Mine had the coolant light on again yesterday. So needs booked in again, EGR replaced in late 2019

An update to my van:

Had it in to my local dealer yesterday to checkup on my issue. It turned out to be air trapped in the coolant system. The dealer told me that the head gasket was changed recently, and not bleeded propperly after. They bleeded the system, and now it seems OK.

They did a pressure test to the coolant tank, and matched it with another T6 with the same spec, in my car all the coolant in the tank disappeared when they put 1bar of pressure to it, on the other car the coolant shrinked with 1cm with the same pressure.....

after the fix, my car was like the other car, shrinked just 1cm.

An update to my van:

Had it in to my local dealer yesterday to checkup on my issue. It turned out to be air trapped in the coolant system. The dealer told me that the head gasket was changed recently, and not bleeded propperly after. They bleeded the system, and now it seems OK.

They did a pressure test to the coolant tank, and matched it with another T6 with the same spec, in my car all the coolant in the tank disappeared when they put 1bar of pressure to it, on the other car the coolant shrinked with 1cm with the same pressure.....

after the fix, my car was like the other car, shrinked just 1cm.
I hope it stays fixed!
Mine is going in for surgery today!

So, a little update on mine..
I got a ring in the middle of Friday to pick the van up at 5.30
I got down a little early, to be told the van was still undergoing tests and wouldn't be ready until Monday eve..
Fast forward to this afternoon when I popped in when I was passing. The van is apparently having trouble starting, (it won't start) so it is being investigated further.
Phone call later in the afternoon to say it could possibly be problem with the high pressure fuel line so they've ordered a fuel rail? and will replace that tomorrow to try to get it started? To say the least my confidence has taken a bit of a hit..

What is more ridiculous is that you were told it was sorted and to come and pick it up. Left hand and right hand!!!!! Blooming clueless.

Back