Fitted my LED Tail-Lights - Smoked

Can you fit std LED rear-lights to a van that came with halogen without the wiring loom and does it cause any errors?

Yes you can but you need to swap the plug over (halogen has one row of 6 pins but LED uses 2 rows of 3 pins)
Halogen lights only have 5 wires connected but LED has 6 as they have an additional reverse and fog light; you can run without them or you can add the extra cable to activate the additional lights its

I’ve got the bulb warning light coming up on mine, but I think that’s probably down to it having had halogen number-plate bulbs (barn-door) before they were changed to LED.

Has anyone tinted their third brake light (lightly) to match the smoked led rears?

Have you seen this on eBay?

B0754BF7-506E-432E-A77D-4F359533A428.jpeg

I guess it’s either £55 or prise it out and wrap it yourself..

They are not supposed to come out without breaking them so be careful if you do try and remove it, someone posted previously that they have removed theirs successfully but I ended up breaking mine when I got it out and had to replace it

Have you seen this on eBay?

View attachment 37675

I guess it’s either £55 or prise it out and wrap it yourself..
No not seen them, though I'm always dubious of the quality of after market lights?

Might be worth trying to wrap it in situ very carefully, seems a shame to have the smoked led rears and then third brake light is as per normal...

I've done some serious searching with no luck! Wanted to get this sorted before adding a rear spoiler :cool:

I fixed the typo in the thread title I’m guessing that’s why you never found

Can you show me the pin out from vw t5.1 to the 3 aside plug please I’ve just done tailgate conversion from barn doors it has the 6 in a row plug . T6 tailgate with these lights thanks

Can you show me the pin out from vw t5.1 to the 3 a side plug please I’ve just done tailgate conversion from barn doors it has the 6 in a row plug . T6 tailgate with these lights thanks

If look at the product photos in the shop you will see the standard cherry red led fitted to a caravelle, there is also a couple shots of my standard original lights on the floor next to the smoked LED units i fitted to my van (green background)
VW T6 LED Rear Light Clusters For Tailgate Models Upgrade Kit
Heres a snap of the tinted units fitted out in the sunshine at busfest

View attachment 4222

View attachment 4221
@Pauly i know this thread is old. I’ve just bought a 67 plate t6 kombi highline tailgate t30 and want to change the rear lights to smoked LEDS. I don’t suppose you could point me in the right direction re parts etc

@Pauly i know this thread is old. I’ve just bought a 67 plate t6 kombi highline tailgate t30 and want to change the rear lights to smoked LEDS. I don’t suppose you could point me in the right direction re parts etc

Cheers dealt but it Says only for startline & trendline

Back