T6.1 (tailgate) brake light wiring diagram

waxinggibbous28

VIP Member
Hi everyone. My first post I hope I don’t make and faux pas. I bought some black led lights to replace the red reflectors on the bumper of my t6.1 (tailgate) from eBay. They seem very simple but obviously no instructions when they arrived. They replace the reflectors with lights that you can wire in to the brake lights. I just don’t know which wires are which on the loom assume right and left are slightly different maybe. Does anyone know. Can I get a diagram for the rear brake light wiring? This is all it gives me…. I’d like to wire them up to come on when braking (not indicating or constantly)
  • Installation: Connect black / blue wire to brake light negative, white wire to signal / tail light positive and red wire to brake light positive; It works at ~12V
Thanks so much

IMG_9314.png

IMG_9315.png

Hi all I found this on another thread. I’m confused though since I can see the PIN number for the earth is that just another word for the negative?

IMG_9316.png

Hi all, if interested I was able to sort it quiet easily. So I had already fitted transporter hq aftermarket led lights and the wiring on those lights helped me work out what was what. The red and black correspond perfectly. I had the option to wire the white to another signal wire but decided to leave it just wired to the break lights. I didn’t take any pics but here is a pic of the after market light with the wires clearly colour coded. I used these splice connectors and they worked a treat.

IMG_9317.jpeg

IMG_1194.jpeg

Back