Fitted my LED Tail-Lights - Smoked

T6dder

Web/graphic designer
T6 Guru
Thought I would share a photo of my new LED tail lights I fitted a few weeks back. These are the smoked / tinted models which look great on my Blackberry T6. They blend into the body colour perfectly.

I have to also say a big thanks to @Pauly for writing some great instructions on fitting these. Very clear and concise and easy to do.

new_lights.jpg

Thought I would share a photo of my new LED tail lights I fitted a few weeks back. These are the smoked / tinted models which look great on my Blackberry T6. They blend into the body colour perfectly.

I have to also say a big thanks to @Pauly for writing some great instructions on fitting these. Very clear and concise and easy to do.

View attachment 2700
Looking good! Also I have clocked the VEE dub family sticker, I am a member too!

Yes @Buggirl they're a great bunch. It looks a bit lonely on there at the moment. Makes me think we need a new T6 forum sticker designed for outside.

Look nice but can you be seen in the Fog. Came across a black T30, I noticed what I thought was a van with no lights on and when I got to the junction saw it was a black T30 with smoked lights problem was I could only just see them when he braked when they were just the rear lights they were worse than an old Minis rear lights, you could hardly see them. In fact you could see the van before the lights. I would hope the T5 lights are better

Look nice but can you be seen in the Fog. Came across a black T30, I noticed what I thought was a van with no lights on and when I got to the junction saw it was a black T30 with smoked lights problem was I could only just see them when he braked when they were just the rear lights they were worse than an old Minis rear lights, you could hardly see them. In fact you could see the van before the lights. I would hope the T5 lights are better

I don't think you will miss these in the fog - They are really bright, and clear. They lights are not black they are just a deeper in colour than the standard cherry red.

Ohhh nice how much and where from?
From this very forum in the shop. Pauly supplies the lights with all the extra cables needed all setup with the correct plugs etc. The plug type from standard to LED is different.
You also need to check on the VIN number of your van as the lights have changed about 3-4 times since the T6 launch. @Pauly would do this for you.

A common problem with boy racers who tint but don't upgrade their bulbs, no such problems with the VW leds though bright as you like!

The lights are tinted slightly but remember they are OE VW fittings, i havent actually tested it but i think the tinted LEDs are at least equal if not brighter than the standard filament lamps in the original rears plus if you choose to wire in the additional cable you get two reverse lights and two fog lights instead of just the one

Do you have the part number for the additional cable to link the LED Clusters? And can the shop supply?

I plan to get the LED rears when I can afford them, but as I'm getting the lining done first, I thought it would be good to stick the cable in while it's a bare shell.

Thanks
Jamie

Its not a special cable just normal wiring but when supplied as part of the kit listed in the shop it comes with instructions and a pre terminated piece of cable with waterproof seal and VW crimp connector ready to wire into LED plug.
You can do it yourself but the crimps need a non insulated crimper tool to fit

Hi @Pauly , I would also be interested in this cable only option, as plan on a future upgrade, would this also work with the std lights as well? As it would give me the dual fog & reverse for trips to Europe in the meantime, if not could one be done/listed ?

Might be worth listing them anyway for those with std LED lights to give the dual fog & reverse as well, or do they come like that from the factory?

Back