Fitted my LED Tail-Lights - Smoked

Only LED version has both each side and if factory fitted both will work, this cable is only required to upgrade to LED rears from standard units

Just got 5min to post a pic of my smoked led rear lights from the forum shop, next got to do the link wires. Van is a T32 LWB Kombi 150 E5 BMT 6 Speed in Indium Grey. Well pleased with her, but not the dealer or converters, but now it's my turn to do the mods properly! Thanks @Pauly for the help and the lights, next is the drl LEDs and front sensors!

image.jpeg

Fitted mine today from the forum shop , Very easy to fit , even threading the wires from one side to another was easy . Look so much better now :D . Are there any LED bulbs for the indicators available ? A quick before and after pic.

View attachment 10531

View attachment 10532
Hi @kieran a couple of us have had success in replacing the reversing light with LED items. However those who have tried the same for the indictors get a canbus fault come up, I don't believe anyone has had success yet. I know @StudleyGlass has tried and failed, maybe he's tried again.
There is a thread for lamps and bulbs which details the type that some of us have got for the reversing lamp if you want to do those, which may be worth a look.

Yes as @DaveyB says they do show a error so you need to fit resistors or turn the bulb out light off in VCDs. its a job i have not had time to do as yet they still sat on the shelf. I have swapped the side repeaters to LED as there is no warning dash light for those .

Hi @kieran a couple of us have had success in replacing the reversing light with LED items. However those who have tried the same for the indictors get a canbus fault come up, I don't believe anyone has had success yet. I know @StudleyGlass has tried and failed, maybe he's tried again.
There is a thread for lamps and bulbs which details the type that some of us have got for the reversing lamp if you want to do those, which may be worth a look.
I have fitted some LED to the reverse lights with no issues so thought i would ask about the indicators. Thanks for answering.

Yes as @DaveyB says they do show a error so you need to fit resistors or turn the bulb out light off in VCDs. its a job i have not had time to do as yet they still sat on the shelf. I have swapped the side repeaters to LED as there is no warning dash light for those .
Which indicator LED's did you use please ?

If you disable the dash warnings with VCDS, do you still get the slow flashing with the LED indicator bulbs?

If you disable the dash warnings with VCDS, do you still get the slow flashing with the LED indicator bulbs?

Not sure about that one TBH.
I have LEDs in the side repeaters and they dont flash slow but i have not changed the front or rear to LEDs yet.

Can you fit std LED rear lights to a van that came with halogen without the wiring loom and does it cause any errors?

Yes you can but you need to swap the plug over (halogen has one row of 6 pins but led uses 2 rows of 3 pins)
Halogen lights only have 5 wires connected but LED has 6 as they have an additional reverse and fog light, you can run without them or you can add the extra cable to activate the additional lights its pretty straight forward

Has anyone tinted their third brake light (lightly) to match the smoked led rears?

Back