EPB Retrofit ... the way to Stop & Go

853248 - Control Module
C109F 00 [137] - Incorrect Version Installed
[FC_WRONG_CARTYPE]

You need to change the last adaptation channel and effectively disable VIN check.
To do this you need to use very secret SECURITY CODE, which our kind friend @dnoermann has put publicly already.

197632 - Function lamp in instrument cluster
C10FF 15 [137] - Open or Short to Plus

For your warning light you have a choice of two options.

1. Modify IC electronics to allow "positive" signal to be taken instead of "negative" as a parking brake applied confirmation.
Eeprom editing is also required and it needs to be switched there from manual version to electronic.

2. Use Solid State Relay with very low current consumption on its control side, see below.

853248 - Control Module
C109F 00 [137] - Incorrect Version Installed
[FC_WRONG_CARTYPE]

You need to change the last adaptation channel and effectively disable VIN check. To do this you need to use very secret SECURITY CODE, which our kind friend @dnoermann has put publicly already.

197632 - Function lamp in instrument cluster
C10FF 15 [137] - Open or Short to Plus

For your warning light you have a choice of two options.

1. Modify IC electronics to allow "positive" signal to be taken instead of "negative" as a parking brake applied confirmation. Eeprom editing is also required and it needs to be switched there from manual version to electronic.

2. Use Solid State Relay with very low current consumption on control side, see below.
I did see you Solid State Relay, and have done several conversions on the eeprom. Thinking of a complete guide for this From step A-Z to avoid reading these 7 pages ;)

I have implemented Auto Engage to my EPB setup :cool:.
Extremely handy feature ;).
At this stage, I don't have to touch my EPB switch at all :whistle:.
I could hide it anywhere and pull it out for the convenience of the tester during periodic technical inspections(MOT, CVRT, NCT, TUW, etc.) :D.

My EPB Auto Apply design (OEM factory fit alike!) works if one of the following conditions are met and vehicle is either stationary or on the move up to 7km/h.
1. Ignition is being switched OFF.
2. Ignition ON and driver's door is opened.
3. Ignition ON and driver's seat belt is unfastened.

I was also considering DSG lever in P position, but in my subjective opinion it would be an overkill.

Obviously, demo (show off) video will follow soon :whistle:.

I have implemented Auto Apply to my EPB setup :cool:.
At this stage I don't have to touch my EPB switch at all :whistle:.
I could hide it anywhere and pull it out for the convenience of the tester during periodic technical inspections(MOT, CVRT, NCT, TUW, etc.) :D.

My EPB Auto Apply design (OEM alike!) works if one of the following conditions are met and vehicle is either stationary or on the move up to 7km/h.
2. With ignition ON when drivers door is opened.
3. With ignition ON when drivers seat belt is unfastened.

I was also considering DSG lever in P position but in my subjective opinion it would be an overkill.

Obviously demo (show off) video will follow soon :whistle:.
I trust there will be an imminent commercial release, complete with idiots guide? Just kidding, but I am very jealous. What a great feature!

My EPB Auto Apply design (OEM alike!) works if one of the following conditions are met and vehicle is either stationary or on the move up to 7km/h.
2. With ignition ON when drivers door is opened.
3. With ignition ON when drivers seat belt is unfastened.

I was also considering DSG lever in P position but in my subjective opinion it would be an overkill.

Great work, how did you make it Auto Apply in adaption of the EPB? I have auto release already.

Great work, how did you make it Auto Apply in adaption of the EPB? I have auto release already.
Auto Release is fully configurable via EPB controller adaptations but Auto Apply/Engage unfortunately is not.
So I had no other choice but to "design" my own solution. Works like OEM factory fit.
I think I will have to disclose the details as this is my way, you know, sharing is caring.

My EPB Auto Apply design (OEM factory fit alike!) works if one of the following conditions are met and vehicle is either stationary or on the move up to 7km/h.
2. Ignition ON and drivers door is opened.
3. Ignition ON and drivers seat belt is unfastened.

First demo video showing EPB being automatically applied when ignition is being switched off :D :thumbsup:.
I am enjoying this extra feature for the last 10 days, so happy with it :cool:.
But you can disregard my opinion, my wife is pleased with this additional functionality
and this is serious accomplishment in itself.

Next one (showing #2 & #3) to be published soon :whistle:.

I finally found time to install the Calipers Last week.
It is Really Plug and Play.
Everything fits perfekt, only one little adaptation is to be made: The Holder for the brake lining wear indicator Connector needs a new position.
Thanks Dennis for the inspiration.
I implemented small modification to the bracket and got mine mounted like that.

20210508_181632.jpg20210508_181622.jpg20210508_182327.jpg20210508_182438.jpg

4Motion owners would need to tweak that bracket a little bit more.

My instrument cluster parking brake indication light wiring has also been completed. This wasn't very complicated but a bit tricky.
Basically when parking brake is applied, the manual version produces GND ( - ) signal and the EPB produces 12V DC ( + ).
Additionally this 12V line out of EPB is being monitored for malfunctions. And this means that current draw has to be within a very specific range.
Typical automotive relay works, IC indicating light comes on but EPB registers DTC complaining about short to GND.
This is the result of excessive current being pulled @ 130mA(typical for majority of ordinary automotive relays).
View attachment 111002

So my solution was to use specific type of solid state relay which takes only (6-7)mA :thumbsup:.
View attachment 111000View attachment 111001

All of the above is the result of PQ25 platform IC not being prepared for EPB.
I am lazy but I am sure experts like @dnoermann will implement appropriate modification directly on IC PCB.
It is only few SMD components to be re-soldered :).

My demo video below ;).
I know it is show off but what can I do :laugh:.

I forgot to include the links to my favourite online store ;)

Hi,
Do you need to change the clutch pedal position sensor? I’m retrofitting EPB to my Golf 6 and the clutch sensor does not have PIN number 3.
It has a 5 pin plug without pin 3.
Thanks!

Hi,
Do you need to change the clutch pedal position sensor? I’m retrofitting EPB to my Golf 6 and the clutch sensor does not have PIN number 3.
It has a 5 pin plug without pin 3.
Thanks!
If your BCM can see the Clutch depressed you will be all good. No need to hardware change on that.

If your BCM can see the Clutch depressed you will be all good. No need to hardware change on that.
I checked the SSP for EPB and it shows that the clutch pedal sensor sends a PWM signal to the EPB module in order to release the brakes at the most appropriate time.

12AE977C-2015-4673-8056-6ABC1FCC2676.jpeg
(Sorry if I can’t publish the image here!)

So that means it really doesn’t need to be a PWM signal? My sensor does not have the “Hall sender 2”.

Reactions: mmi
I checked the SSP for EPB and it shows that the clutch pedal sensor sends a PWM signal to the EPB module in order to release the brakes at the most appropriate time.

View attachment 117484
(Sorry if I can’t publish the image here!)

So that means it really doesn’t need to be a PWM signal? My sensor does not have the “Hall sender 2”.
This is not the case for 56D it looks for Can message from BCM so your SSP is from a Passat 3C I guess? nothing like the 56D module.

Almost working, did you ever stumble on this error?

Address 53: Parking Brake Labels: 56D-907-801.clb
Control Module Part Number: 56D 907 801 A HW: 56D 907 801 A
Component and/or Version: EPB-4 H03 0004
Software Coding: 0F3C55
Work Shop Code: WSC 12345 123 12345
ASAM Dataset: EV_ParkiBrakeTRWVW411 002007 (VW36)
ROD: EV_ParkiBrakeTRWVW411.rod
VCID: 290E055138F8262304C-807C

333568 - Function Restricted due to Missing Message(s)
U1111 00 [137] - -
[FC_CAN_MSG_MOTOR_10_TIMEOUT]
MIL ON - Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 00000001
Fault Priority: 6
Fault Frequency: 1
Reset counter: 179
Mileage: 172045 km
Date: 2015.14.04
Time: 00:19:35

Voltage terminal 30: 11.9 V
Internal Fault ID: 48
Vehicle speed: 0 km/h
Network management state: normal
Function light in parking brake button: On
Red operating lamp: On
Red warning lamp: OFF
Green operating lamp: OFF
Yellow warning lamp: On
Terminal 15 status: On
RWU: not active
DSD: not active
HTR: not active
ECD: not active
ACC requested apply: not active
Auto Adjust: not active
General Inspection Function: not active
Internal Parking Brake state: static
Status of parking brake button: Not operated
Status ParkingBrake left: applied

Thanks!

Post your adamap and blockmap.

EDIT:
Also last line from your DTC details is missing
"Status ParkingBrake right:"

Reactions: mmi
Post your adamap and blockmap.

EDIT:
Also last line from your DTC details is missing
"Status ParkingBrake right:"
Thanks for the help. What is the blockmap?

Adaptmap:
DE128EA3-46DB-4290-809F-F07ED586FA4C.jpeg

Full Error:
333568 - Function Restricted due to Missing Message(s)
U1111 00 [137] - -
[FC_CAN_MSG_MOTOR_10_TIMEOUT]
MIL ON - Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 00000001
Fault Priority: 6
Fault Frequency: 1
Reset counter: 179
Mileage: 172045 km
Date: 2015.14.04
Time: 00:19:35

Voltage terminal 30: 11.9 V