EGR flexi-pipe: Exhaust Fumes In Cab, Hissing From Engine Bay.

That pipe now has a revised part number.
Those of you who had the cracked pipe problem, has the EGR valve been replaced in the vans history? My theory is when the EGR cooler has been removed for replacement prior to the EGR flush option being available, it was removed then refitted under tension, or even the fixings loosening off as the fixings were not replace/torqued which could be causing the cracks to form either by stress on the pipe due to tension, or the cooler working loose due to a fitting issue? Discuss.......

The VW manual states that the pipes should be replaced if they are removed though, so they shouldn’t be reusing them anyhow.

The VW manual states that the pipes should be replaced if they are removed though, so they shouldn’t be reusing them anyhow.
But if the new pipe is fitted under tension due to EGR not being left loose while positioning the pipe, or the EGR works loose, it will kill a new pipe too is my point and why some people have been through numerous new pipes?

It’s a good point, the new pipe could be damaged by that I guess. I’d like to see how VW ‘flush’ the EGR but clearly we’ll never see it in action.

There appears to be 3 versions of the pipe. I went straight from the first version to the third.

The EGR valves were removed/replaced in the early days this is prior to the flushing tool being available, these are the vans which I am talking about as the flushing does not require the removal of the EGR cooler, just this pipe and the rear pipe, then they fit the machine with their own modified pipes to the EGR valve and pass very nasty cleaning fluid through the valve for an hour, if the flow check via Odis still shows flow is restricted, it is flushed again or in badly clogged cases, the valve gets replaced so Im told.

After reading this thread, I've just had my split pipe replaced for the sum of £165ish. I can't be the only one who's been driving around un-aware in a van is full of diesel fumes. This is a serious health hazard.

Could this be the reason I've had a tickly cough for 6 months (no its not covid).

If it clears up now the pipe has been replaced, possibly yes. If it does not clear up now the pipe is replaced no.

If it clears up now the pipe has been replaced, possibly yes. If it does not clear up now the pipe is replaced no.
I think what I'm trying to say is it's bad form for VW to redesign the part, which acknowledges their awareness of the problem but not recall or notify their customers there vehicles have a substandard part which could be harmful. No warning lights popped up and it was only curiosity that made me pop the bonnet after reading this thread.

It's not acceptable to have high emissions in city centers but fine to go all out in the cab of your own van. :D

If the part failed due to someone not fitting a previously removed EGR cooler correctly, (this could be the cause of the pipe failures, but who knows) they will tell you to jog on though from a factory point of view, but I get your point.

So now it was my turn.
Today had the EGR pipe replaced (first time) 57800 km.
New type installed.
Have a service contract so no bill.
Looking very much forward to not having exhaust fumes in the car.

So now it was my turn.
Today had the EGR pipe replaced (first time) 57800 km.
New type installed.
Have a service contract so no bill.
Looking very much forward to not having exhaust fumes in the car.

Yeah my cab now smells good and my cough has gone. These should be recalled and people who have had them replaced refunded.

Yeah my cab now smells good and my cough has gone. These should be recalled and people who have had them replaced refunded.

I agree but VW won’t do it without external regulators forcing it, the link below is the best way to achieve this but it needs 5 minutes input to complete the form. Less time than complaining about it on this forum.

Here’s the link to the form to report a serious defect to DVSA, this is possibly the only way a recall will be forced on VW and you get the replacement EGR pipes for free.
If everybody with a failed pipe does it there might be some action.

I just buy mine, since a few days ago I started to smell exhaust fumes on the cabin. At first, I'd think that was from the car in front of me, until I keep smelling the fumes on the parking lot.

Anyone had a video on how to install it or change this pipe on al Euro6 2.0 TDI 150HP?

If not I'll try to make one... when I receive the pipe.

Kind Regards!

I just buy mine, since a few days ago I started to smell exhaust fumes on the cabin. At first, I'd think that was from the car in front of me, until I keep smelling the fumes on the parking lot.

Anyone had a video on how to install it or change this pipe on al Euro6 2.0 TDI 150HP?

If not I'll try to make one... when I receive the pipe.

Kind Regards!
Manual for that job here; https://www.t6forum.com/downloads/r...pes-for-exhaust-gas-recirculation-system.162/

Great group, been a member for a few years since I bought my MY16 T6 102 Ps, 5 Speed yuk, white heap of S---e, work commitments etc got in the way of me returning to the forum, but i must say it has been invaluable at times and interesting at others. Some of these post have been invaluable and a credit to the folk who have taken the time to help others out and share their experiences. I found this helpful today when i nearly killed my little old dog due to the problem with this cracking egr pipe. It was too cold to have the window down as it went on one of its mardies.... you know the old dreaded dpf regen, any hows, sat at the lights waiting for the old biddy in front to find out what gear she wanted in her yaris, me thinking it was she who was gassing us with her exhaust fumes and realizing it was my own van half a mile up the road with the poor old woofer barfing up his lillies kitchen all over my recently de-oiled and polished dealer boots. At 35000 miles and a year out of warranty and having every fault listed in this forum I'm afraid to say I'm giving up, you blokes must have ribs of steel, I can't carry on any more. I may have been spoilt, I chopped an X5 I'd run for ten years with not so much as a failure to start, still on original battery and exhaust, serviced every year regardless, and never cost me a penny. Chopped that, an S1000XR with 3000 miles on plus 4K cash, because I didnt want to make a mess of the X5 lugging building materials around as I'd made a bad house move also !!! I'll be back though to have a chuckle at some of these posts, you blokes are hard as nails, i'll never pick a fight with a T6 driver, fair play fellas !!!

Hi, completely new to this forum. I have been searching for ages about the smell in my cab and have realised it is the egg pipe too. I have also noticed lately that my mpg has went down to around 30mpg from around 37mpg, could this be the cause of this also?
Thants for all the help from previous posts.

Back