DSG brake-pedal freeplay

Macmain12

VCDS User | 2016 Caravelle Executive
VIP Member
Hi

Can anyone tell me if the DSG brake pedal should have a little Travel before Bite.. i don't drive the caravel that often so i cant remember, I've just swapped the front callipers for a big brake Kit, brakes bled no problem using a one man kit, no air bubbles,
ill assume the travel on a Dsg is normal because there are other functions this pedal serves... My wife says it feels normal..

id just like a comparison to others on the forum

15% travel before it starts to apply pressure to the discs on mine.

New pads and discs will need a bed in period of 100-500miles before they truly feel normal.

DSG and manual break systems are the same afaik.

Thanks Mate,

it was this morning in the work Van (transit custom Manual) that got me thinking.. those breaks are really sensitive . much more than the T6.
like i say the bleed operation was straight forward, no air in the clear tube, put a good half litre back in

I've always found VW group vehicles to have more free travel than most other manufacturers, if the brakes work I wouldn't worry about it. The wife's car is a Ford and that has very little free travel and a sharp bite, so probably just two vehicles from either end of the spectrum.

Thankyou for your reply.. yes it seems that way.. i wish id test drove the Vel before id worked on it.. schoolboy error.. hahah.. thanks again gents

Back