Dogs - How Do You Transport Yours?

Hi, new to forums and new to T6 so this should be educational. I will be taking delivery of my T6.1 in the next few weeks, I am interested in any advice re fitting a large dog crate, anyone know who makes them or what the alternatives are ? Any information would be appreciated.

Hi, new to forums and new to T6 so this should be educational. I will be taking delivery of my T6.1 in the next few weeks, I am interested in any advice re fitting a large dog crate, anyone know who makes them or what the alternatives are ? Any information would be appreciated.
If you wanted a bespoke one made to your measurements, I can help.

As a side hobby I build crates for dogs. They aren’t all professional and stuff but for us and our friends it’s the dogs bollocs!!

A few tips, make sure the powder-coating gets e-coated before, and make sure they are good. It’s amazing how wet the crates get. Secondly, if it’s two big dogs , let them make a removable devider. Our one male gets iffy when he is sore or tired after a show and tends to become irritated so we can put a devider in. Going away on holiday he is chill so we take it out and the space “doubles”

Don’t be too harsh, I’m a programmer by trade but I needed crates so I bought a welder

F945D351-9D20-4C2E-B932-C3D7FE9C7E3E.jpeg

22AF965A-79C3-4D0D-B2D3-185C17FC9532.jpeg

82C96705-DA6F-4328-895D-C2C65BC677CC.jpeg

As a side hobby I build crates for dogs. They aren’t all professional and stuff but for us and our friends it’s the dogs bollocs!!

A few tips, make sure the powder-coating gets e-coated before, and make sure they are good. It’s amazing how wet the crates get. Secondly, if it’s two big dogs , let them make a removable devider. Our one male gets iffy when he is sore or tired after a show and tends to become irritated so we can put a devider in. Going away on holiday he is chill so we take it out and the space “doubles”

Don’t be too harsh, I’m a programmer by trade but I needed crates so I bought a welder

View attachment 131081

View attachment 131082

View attachment 131083
I just love that attitude - "needed crates so I bought a welder".
Good for you, made for your vehicle and your needs.:thumbsup:

Hi

We have a 2 dog crate from DTBoxes, originally for a Volvo V60 boot but fits very easily in the van behind the rear seats, strapped to the lashing points. Could put where the rear double is too if I wanted.

C67381F0-0698-4365-A051-752300F34D4F.jpeg

I've got two Border Terriers who travel well in the back of my estate Octavia and my little 4x4, but I'm thinking of long drives to Southern Europe. I'd like to give them a view but keep them safe too.

I've got two Border Terriers who travel well in the back of my estate Octavia and my little 4x4, but I'm thinking of long drives to Southern Europe. I'd like to give them a view but keep them safe too.
Dogs that size will happily sit on the seat with the harness that clips into the safety-belt

My daughter does dog walking and bought herself a little Peugeot partner. Picked up some 20 x 20 box section and some mesh and made her the cages with plastic knock in corners.
Rubber flooring with quick release cages in the side door to get all dogs out quick.
Wish I bought a welder now as took ages!

10BA2FEF-BB92-458B-AC5D-36C5533FFFA5.jpeg

7BDD3E3E-DEF8-447C-A080-6BCF838EBC5A.jpeg

My daughter does dog walking and bought herself a little Peugeot partner. Picked up some 20 x 20 box section and some mesh and made her the cages with plastic knock in corners.
Rubber flooring with quick release cages in the side door to get all dogs out quick.
Wish I bought a welder now as took ages!

View attachment 131702

View attachment 131703
That looks top quality work, very professional. I've a feeling you could make a good business out of that work!

Hi,
We are getting a full conversation done with smartbed on rails.

My twins will be occupying the rear seats and was wondering the most convenient and safest way to transport our dog which is a vizsla.

We just trained ours to lie on their bed on the floor in front of the kids. Our last pair were so good they would remain in the van even with the door open. The current pair are too cheeky to do that!

(*Braces himself for an onslaught about failure to restrain dogs etc….!)

We just trained ours to lie on their bed on the floor in front of the kids. Our last pair were so good they would remain in the van even with the door open. The current pair are too cheeky to do that!

(*Braces himself for an onslaught about failure to restrain dogs etc….!)
Kids should be in seat belts not lying on the floor, amazed there is enough room on the floor for kids and dogs

• Love
Reactions: JOG
Back