Diesel Hob Vs Gas Hob.

I would like to invest in a Wallas cooker, but put off by the look of exhaust outlet box which the instructions state should be mounted under the cill. Has anybody installed a the unit and left the exhaust facing down just behind the cill which is suggest on in the instructions for the similar Wabasto cooker?

I would like to invest in a Wallas cooker, but put off by the look of exhaust outlet box which the instructions state should be mounted under the cill. Has anybody installed a the unit and left the exhaust facing down just behind the cill which is suggest on in the instructions for the similar Wabasto cooker?
Would side bars not hide it?
I’m hoping bars - when they arrive - will hide the intake and exhaust tubes for my Propex

Are you planning on having a leisure battery and inverter in your van? I've also a webasto diesel hob, but if its just to make a coffee or two, a small 750 watt kettle solves the boiling water time issue. Takes just a few mins and saves warm up/cool down time on the hob.

wallas diesel xc cooker - Google Search

If you watch the video you will see the size of the exhaust box which they say should be fitted on the vehicles Cill. The problem with side bars it’s they obstruct the exhaust.

Our exhaust sits back from the sidebars and is not obstructed, I guess it depends what sidebars you go for but we have the VW trapezoid bars and there is plenty of clearance. The exhaust fitting bracket does allow some flexibility for its positioning.

Are you planning on having a leisure battery and inverter in your van? I've also a webasto diesel hob, but if its just to make a coffee or two, a small 750 watt kettle solves the boiling water time issue. Takes just a few mins and saves warm up/cool down time on the hob.
Yes we are planning on a leisure battery, so thanks for the good idea.

Been happy with our diesel hob, main plus points being a gas free van and a simple easy clean black glass hob. You just need to plan ahead, ie turn it on first, then fill the kettle etc. We also boil enough water whilst having breakfast to fill a flask for a quick coffee as we go.

I'm back with another diesel cooktop question...

So, we are having swell shades (which have built in pods) and my converter isn't sure that we can fit the WALLAS cooktop above the fridge without obstructing the pod meaning that to remove the pod, you would need to remove the whole furniture.
:unsure:

I hope this makes sense but has anyone got this type of layout with the diesel hob above the fridge??

Either that or does anyone have the diesel hob beside the rear seats and is it okay with the heating element on??

Thanks.
:)

Been happy with our diesel hob, main plus points being a gas free van and a simple easy clean black glass hob. You just need to plan ahead, ie turn it on first, then fill the kettle etc. We also boil enough water whilst having breakfast to fill a flask for a quick coffee as we go.
When you say “gas free” do you have a BBQ & if so, is it charcoal?

I'm back with another diesel cooktop question...

So, we are having swell shades (which have built in pods) and my converter isn't sure that we can fit the WALLAS cooktop above the fridge without obstructing the pod meaning that to remove the pod, you would need to remove the whole furniture.
:unsure:

I hope this makes sense but has anyone got this type of layout with the diesel hob above the fridge??

Either that or does anyone have the diesel hob beside the rear seats and is it okay with the heating element on??

Thanks.
:)

Only have the hob, which fits above our fridge, hob.jpg

Only have the hob, which fits above our fridge, View attachment 52981
I also specified the Wallas CX duo after doing much research...and love it for all the reasons the other owners list e.g. no gas bottle, single fuel source, dry heat source, also works as a heater, no flame/fire risk..etc
Yes, it takes a little longer to get warm but that's just a question of changing the order you do things/switch things on in my opinion
I also have side bars which nicely cover the exhaust.

I was interested in the Wallas hob for my upcoming conversion so I got hold of the installation instructions for a read.
As I have a twin slider Kombi LWB it would seem that I will be unable to fit the exhaust of the Wallas in compliance with the instructions as there is not enough space between the wheel arches to space the exhaust outlet away from the sliding door aperture.
Has anyone got a way round this?

It does seem a bit stupid that I can have two gas burners lit inside the van but not one exhaust outside!!!

I was interested in the Wallas hob for my upcoming conversion so I got hold of the installation instructions for a read.
As I have a twin slider Kombi LWB it would seem that I will be unable to fit the exhaust of the Wallas in compliance with the instructions as there is not enough space between the wheel arches to space the exhaust outlet away from the sliding door aperture.
Has anyone got a way round this?

It does seem a bit stupid that I can have two gas burners lit inside the van but not one exhaust outside!!!

I have a Wallas
Love it

Can you not just make sure the sliding door on the exhaust side is shut when in use ?

My wallas exhaust was fitted low !
I've seen them hidden a lot more than mine is behind side bars, but my side bars where fitted before the wallas as such its too low now !
I had to go to wallas for a new glow plug for it under warrantee. They where mint up there, great guys. I asked about moving exhaust up and out way a bit and they said no problems at all !

My advice is ring them and ask Brett he's the man !

Everyone with one seems to like it. Will it keep a LWB warm as the main heater do you think?
Think it might save space and also not have to have more kit bolted under the van.
Not carrying gas or worrying about finding refills also appeals.
What’s the verdict for actual cooking? Two pans OK and controllable?
All the advice appreciated thanks

Everyone with one seems to like it. Will it keep a LWB warm as the main heater do you think?
Think it might save space and also not have to have more kit bolted under the van.
Not carrying gas or worrying about finding refills also appeals.
What’s the verdict for actual cooking? Two pans OK and controllable?
All the advice appreciated thanks

We have seen ours for the first time today. Large is an understatement. We have about 40mm (approximately) between our fridge and our cooktop. According to our converter, that is because we have picked a worktop that is 40mm thick.

Seen today that someone was really cosy in -7 degrees so that sounds good.
:D

Back