Deaky’s Kombi to Camper journey

Oooooooooh, I like the look of that. Is that puddle lights under the side bars?? Have you just changed them to red or can they change colour??
:)

Oooooooooh, I like the look of that. Is that puddle lights under the side bars?? Have you just changed them to red or can they change colour??
It’s red led tape. Could be easily done with RGB tape. Fully documented further up the thread. :thumbsup:

Oops, sorry I must have missed that on the thread. I just saw it this morning and thought it looked awesome.

Walking back to the van from the bogs after the tooth brushing and hopefully final wee of the evening have to admit a dark brown van is nearly invisible in the black gloom... I'm thinking disco/UFO lighting beneath the van is exactly what is required.

I used to have a 320d that had door handles that lit up with a press of the fob, now if I could achieve something like that but with a pool of light beneath the van then spot on!:whistle:

Having seen this vans latest upgrade over the weekend this thread seriously needs to come with some sort of warning, it is really stunning from all aspects

Thanks all for your kind comments. To hear the words in awe and stunning is very humbling. From my view I'm just tinkering and trying to improve things to the way I use the van. It's certainly not to everyone's taste :laugh: Unfortunately for me, the way I am means I tend to focus on the things that are not quite right rather than the things that are so I always see the faults :(. I hope that I've given people a few ideas to do their own vans. My door is always open, just fire me a pm if you want to talk about anything.

Keep looking out for part 3:eek:

Thanks all for your kind comments. To hear the words in awe and stunning is very humbling. From my view I'm just tinkering and trying to improve things to the way I use the van. It's certainly not to everyone's taste :laugh: Unfortunately for me, the way I am means I tend to focus on the things that are not quite right rather than the things that are so I always see the faults :(. I hope that I've given people a few ideas to do their own vans. My door is always open, just fire me a pm if you want to talk about anything.

Keep looking out for part 3:eek:
:speechless::whistle:

A bit more to report after the last few days. The Abeltronics dimmers are in and working. When you open the door a push button light comes on with the courtesy circuit. One click and the white camping lights come on, press and hold to dim up or down

View attachment 43369

The same for the tailgate

View attachment 43366

And the same for the lights in the top of the HiLo. Vandoc fitted some touch lights with the roof, they were great except when you were lying in bed top couldn’t reach them to tun them off :thumbsdown:

There is now a push button either side of the bed in the rail around the roof :unsure:

View attachment 43367

View attachment 43368
@Deaky mate have you got a link to those push buttons??

Back