Deaky’s Kombi to Camper journey

Dimming modules have arrived. 3 circuits - Main Light, Tailgate/boot and in the roof above the bed. Switched by pushbutton switches - as many as you like. Mode setting either makes them come on full or remember the last setting. Plus, they are dimmed on the -ve side so they'll play nicely with the other LED strips

IMG_7217.jpg

Dimming modules have arrived. 3 circuits - Main Light, Tailgate/boot and in the roof above the bed. Switched by pushbutton switches - as many as you like. Mode setting either makes them come on full or remember the last setting. Plus, they are dimmed on the -ve side so they'll play nicely with the other LED strips

View attachment 42275
Being a bit think, I have to ask you what difference this makes..

Being a bit think, I have to ask you what difference this makes..
Led strip lights share a common positive 12v. The negative side of the led’s Is the side that’s controlled. I want two different controllers operating the same led strip, hence they both need to dim the lights on the -ve side :thumbsup:

Under seat install is now finished and connected up to the switch panel. I’ve moved the oem fuseholder H into the new fuse box with the rest of the leisure electrics. The switches in the overhead panel operate the relays in the box next to the fuses, this saves running all the circuits up to the switches. There is just one single multi core cable up to the panel.

3F7F3618-4A50-467C-978E-622FCC27E5F5.jpeg

I’ve done some soul searching about fitting lithium. It would mean replacing the redarc and buying a battery. I decided against it in the end. I’ve fitted a 110a AGM which should be more than enough for my electrical needs and has cost me less than a tenth of the cost of going lithium.

DB45CB12-C50C-4E8E-B0A0-558E28A42A39.jpeg

Under seat install is now finished and connected up to the switch panel. I’ve moved the oem fuseholder H into the new fuse box with the rest of the leisure electrics. The switches in the overhead panel operate the relays in the box next to the fuses, this saves running all the circuits up to the switches. There is just one single multi core cable up to the panel.

View attachment 42450

I’ve done some soul searching about fitting lithium. It would mean replacing the redarc and buying a battery. I decided against it in the end. I’ve fitted a 110a AGM which should be more than enough for my electrical needs and has cost me less than a tenth of the cost of going lithium.

View attachment 42449
Awesome pal. Well done you.. time and patience equals great result..

A bit more to report after the last few days. The Abeltronics dimmers are in and working. When you open the door a push button light comes on with the courtesy circuit. One click and the white camping lights come on, press and hold to dim up or down

EC5AB1CF-4CB0-4F44-9D89-E68FA77F8FC6.jpeg

The same for the tailgate

0D9D0A93-A981-4D0D-B4C2-435B81E2EB9D.jpeg

And the same for the lights in the top of the HiLo. Vandoc fitted some touch lights with the roof, they were great except when you were lying in bed top couldn’t reach them to tun them off :thumbsdown:

There is now a push button either side of the bed in the rail around the roof :unsure:

BF90B71D-BBC4-40A4-AFB1-71AF650B40C3.jpeg

9705A646-AE78-4B24-97D3-D60DDE1D665A.jpeg

A bit more to report after the last few days. The Abeltronics dimmers are in and working. When you open the door a push button light comes on with the courtesy circuit. One click and the white camping lights come on, press and hold to dim up or down

View attachment 43369

The same for the tailgate

View attachment 43366

And the same for the lights in the top of the HiLo. Vandoc fitted some touch lights with the roof, they were great except when you were lying in bed top couldn’t reach them to tun them off :thumbsdown:

There is now a push button either side of the bed in the rail around the roof :unsure:

View attachment 43367

View attachment 43368
More awesome install work there @Deaky

I was thinking last time I was camping that I could do with some mood lighting at floor level :cool: so I’ve modded the lights in the seat bases.

I removed the circuit board from them and fitted a section of led strip and connected them to one of my moodlight zones. When you open the door they still come on red but I can now control them from the mood lighting too.
B21D3755-AF3C-4CED-9E34-D55B1BE5980D.jpeg
034B96E8-1FF2-4E70-8BA0-F0A1C1968E68.jpeg
290BB514-F236-401F-B74D-9854B3437A2A.jpeg
27D99278-0E33-4F6B-8A3D-11E826CC9517.jpeg

I was thinking last time I was camping that I could do with some mood lighting at floor level :cool: so I’ve modded the lights in the seat bases.

I removed the circuit board from them and fitted a section of led strip and connected them to one of my moodlight zones. When you open the door they still come on red but I can now control them from the mood lighting too.
View attachment 43370
View attachment 43371
View attachment 43372
View attachment 43373

Teasing with that blue

Back