Deaky’s Kombi to Camper journey

@Deaky I want you to do lighting in my van... :notworthy:
That's stunning. Im going to use this as a template as I make changes over the next year.

There's a diner in Las Vegas that's permanently lit like this. It's called The Pepperpot. Absolutely awesome 24hrs a day and excellent cheesecake for breakfast. :rolleyes:

It’ll be “fast and furious” external lighting next, loads of neons UFO styleeeee.

When I changed all the lower dash to black to match the door cards @Pauly ordered me some B pillar lower covers to match. It wasn't until they arrived that we realised they were different, the same as a Caravelle and to fit them would mean new upper covers, new roof lining :eek: and new seat belt fixings. I decided to plastidye them. Unfortunately this has scratched from swivelling the seats so I thought I'd bite the bullet and cover them in vinyl.

No going back now
IMG_7283.jpg

It all worked out good though. The other side is going to be a bit more difficult as it will need a bit sewing in around the seat belt anchor. Fortunately I know a few sewing machinists :D

IMG_7312.jpg

I've also added a pin at the top of the upper cover. The original was removed when the roof was fitted so this will just keep the top of the cover nice and tight against the roof lining

IMG_7314.jpg

When Colin @VWVC fitted my velle floor he kindly gave me a threshold cover, again this was light grey. They're £115 from VW so I covered this in vinyl too

IMG_7311.jpg

Well chuffed with the result :inlove:

IMG_7317.jpg

IMG_7316.jpg
IMG_7315.jpg

When I changed all the lower dash to black to match the door cards @Pauly ordered me some B pillar lower covers to match. It wasn't until they arrived that we realised they were different, the same as a Caravelle and to fit them would mean new upper covers, new roof lining :eek: and new seat belt fixings. I decided to plastidye them. Unfortunately this has scratched from swivelling the seats so I thought I'd bite the bullet and cover them in vinyl.

No going back now
View attachment 43518

It all worked out good though. The other side is going to be a bit more difficult as it will need a bit sewing in around the seat belt anchor. Fortunately I know a few sewing machinists :D

View attachment 43520

I've also added a pin at the top of the upper cover. The original was removed when the roof was fitted so this will just keep the top of the cover nice and tight against the roof lining

View attachment 43521

When Colin @VWVC fitted my velle floor he kindly gave me a threshold cover, again this was light grey. They're £115 from VW so I covered this in vinyl too

View attachment 43519

Well chuffed with the result :inlove:

View attachment 43524

View attachment 43523
View attachment 43522
Nice! :thumbsup:

Oh no.... have I said that before. I have read the whole thread. I just don't remember much.
:rofl:

P.S - I meant the bit in the cab that is like a nothing hole. It seems to serve no purpose. I am loving the fact that they change colour.
:D

I like those too... Wanna see it cos I wanna do something with that space. Just a key shelf for now.
But....
Don't read it all. You'll end up with a wish list as long as a dreamliner. :D

Oh no. I already have a huge list from fish's T6.1 thread.
Surely there can't be more... it's only a short wheel base!!
:p

Back